Need help with your equipment?
secwarren's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 7:57 PM

Samsung Smart TV cannot connect to Uverse wifi

My Samsung smart TV is unable to connect to my Uverse wifi, my father is having the same problem at his home. Just started in the last week. Any suggestions? The TV can see the wifi signal but cannot connect.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

This suggestion has worked for many - others report changing the country to USA is alaso needed - https://forums.att.com/t5/Troubleshoot-Internet-Service/Samsung-SmartTV-can-t-connet-to-Internet-any-more/m-p/4221972#M2214

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

I just tried changing the TV DNS to 8.8.8.8 but that doesn't work either.  Grrrrr

Any other suggestions?  This is a new problem.  TV connected to the internet just fine on Friday and now 2 days later nothing.  It says it connects to the local network but not internet.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Does your TV have a browser?

If a TV does not have a browser I think it would need to go through the TV provider (Samsung) for the content apps & Samsung may be down.

If you do have a browser, it may still go through Samsung for just the apps or both apps & browser.

If you have a browser try it. If you do have one what is it named?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

That worked for me.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for your reply. Yes my TV has a web browser just titled 'WebBrowser'. I just launched the browser and I am able to successfully browse the Internet. The strange thing though is that no other apps work and state "You're not connected to the internet". I then go to the Network Status section of the TV menu options and there is where it says it's connected to the local network but not the Internet 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@LOOSEGROOVE wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Yes my TV has a web browser just titled 'WebBrowser'. I just launched the browser and I am able to successfully browse the Internet. The strange thing though is that no other apps work and state "You're not connected to the internet". I then go to the Network Status section of the TV menu options and there is where it says it's connected to the local network but not the Internet 

Try unplugging the TV for 10 seconds and plug it back in and see if it'll connect properly, making a new connection for the RG to sense. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm having the same problem with my Smart TV not connecting.  I called AT&T and the rep said it was a Samsung issue and not an AT&T issue.  She gave me the 8.8.8.8 IP address, but that didn't work.  She gave me two other IP addresses that also did not work for me, but maybe they'll work for someone else:  4.2.2.2, and 4.2.2.1

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

My theory is that you have to go through Samsung to get approval for accessing the specific content apps.

We have two users reporting trouble? How about calling Samsung. They may not fes up to being down.

Oh, and try accessing your content target via the browser. You may get denied as not approved because you did not go through Samsung.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have been trying to contact Samsung through the help # posted on their US Website: 800-726-7864.  It's consistantly goes straight to busy signal.

Way to go, Samsung!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Anyone have anything yet? I've tried everything posted in these forums. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.