Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Remove my exes device

Contributor

Remove my exes device

My ex is a "computer guy" and I want to remove his device/ip address/cell phone from my home internet service. He likes to dig around whether he is here or outside etc....I have tried to change the gateway password using the one thats on the box but it won't let me for some reason. Its to late to call support and I really need to do this tonight. Please help!!

Message 1 of 4
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by joolzz511
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Remove my exes device

@joolzz511 wrote:

My ex is a "computer guy" and I want to remove his device/ip address/cell phone from my home internet service. He likes to dig around whether he is here or outside etc....I have tried to change the gateway password using the one thats on the box but it won't let me for some reason. Its to late to call support and I really need to do this tonight. Please help!!

It sou nds like your ex went into your gateway and changed the default password on it himself while he was still with you.  In general it is recommended that you do just that when you setup a new service, to help protect your home network.

To get around this, you could reset your RG back to the defaults, in which case, the new password he set would be removed and the original one (the one on the sticker) would be restored.  Then you could change the password to be whatever you wanted.  Do keep in mind that he might have made other changes ( like the wireless SSID ) which would also get lost when you reset the RG back to the defaults.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Expert

U-verse Technical Support is available 24/7 at the phone number shown in my signature.

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Thank you. I will try it and let you know.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support