Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Relocate Router

Contributor

Relocate Router

During initial install of my internet, the technician hooked up the Pace 5268 AC router in the master bedroom, but I would like to move it to another room. I tried just plugging it in, but it did not work. How can I move the router and reconnect to the Internet? Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Budman55
‎02-20-2016 6:16 AM

Re: Relocate Router

@Budman55 - Either extend the existing connection or replace it with a longer one from end to end using the same rated wire (cat5?) Are connectors RJ-11 or RJ-45??

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thank you for the response. There is a connector in the wall in the study room and I would like to plug it in this location. Would it be possible to just relocate to this room?
Message 3 of 4
Community Support

Hi @Budman55,

Try connecting a computer with a wired connection to establish that these other connections are active with internet access. If no connectivity then most likely need a tech appointment to help with the connection.

~ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support