Need help with your equipment?
Uniblurb3's profile

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

Saturday, January 14th, 2012 10:37 PM

Problems with AT&T Yahoo Mail Classic

Earlier today I was asked to sign into my at&t Yahoo email account. Thought this was unusual since I stay signed in and it wasn't that long ago I signed in before.

I'm running FF and once into "Mail Classic" my tool bars were gone, as well as my bookmarks/bar, and only the Yahoo search box was visible. The Google search box was completely gone too.

I've tried logging out/in, checked to make sure I was still on "Classic Mail", have restarted Win7 numerous times, and can't get back to what my email homepage used to look like. I was finally able to get the Google search box back, can also change this to Amazon, but my bookmarks bar is no longer visible.

Wonder if any others have been seeing this same problem and it's almost like AT&T/Yahoo changed something today?

While it says "Mail Classic" I'm not so sure that's what I'm seeing. Even the "minimize, maximize, x (close)" buttons at the top right of the screen are super small when they used to be large.

Thanks for any input/help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I cant stand Classic!

I've had the new Yahoo mail since it was updated and I preferr it over the classic version. I don't get heavy spam or junk as with classic.

My problem with Yahoo mail is the opposite. I am using Google Chrome, but my problem is that recently my email is defaulting back to the classic version but, my Yahoo Calendar is the only feature that opens in the New version like it's suppose too. Also, the link above leads me no where. Thanks

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

@CareHenry wrote:

I cant stand Classic!

I've had the new Yahoo mail since it was updated and I preferr it over the classic version. I don't get heavy spam or junk as with classic.

My problem with Yahoo mail is the opposite. I am using Google Chrome, but my problem is that recently my email is defaulting back to the classic version but, my Yahoo Calendar is the only feature that opens in the New version like it's suppose too. Also, the link above leads me no where. Thanks

To each his own regarding the new AT&T Yahoo Mail vs the Classic view. I'll continue to use Classic as long as it's available and nice you still have your choice. Would have to agree though on the spam and it would be nice if the Classic version had flags you could apply to spam/junk emails. I used to slip over to the new version and flag this spam/junk but now about half afraid I won't be able to get back to Classic.

What link takes you nowhere? If you're talking about the one in the previous post by k9jdk it takes me to the new Yahoo home page rather than my usual Classic view. But it does lead somewhere/works for me as posted below.

http://my.yahoo.com/

If you're talking about the link further up the page by mibrnsurg (Chris) which was posted 1 1/4 years ago there's lots of links on the forum which no longer work due to forum updates/merges.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

My main problem with the new format: The inability to sort by Sender, When I have 250 emails in my Spam folder, sorting by Sender is a great advantage to check out the 2 or 3 emails that need my attention.

How can I change back to Classic? The link(s) above just get me either to a new Yahoo page with no Classic option or to "Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Sundog105 - I believe it is the conversation option that was enabled by default that blocks the sort you seek.

Go to settings & uncheck conversations & you will then see sender as a sort in the view menu.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Holy {edited for word filter evasion}!! Who knew? That solved my big problem with the new format. Thanks a bunch.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Your welcome. I do not know why anyone would want the conversation mode. Another case of newer is not necessarily better. I guess they defaulted to it so everyone would be aware of it. Might have been better not to default to it & send an e-mail all about it - especially stating limitations.

It got me on my macmail a while back when it was defaulted to on an update. I could not find e-mails that I knew were there, Turned out the list only showed the last one in the conversation. Made it hard to find what I was looking for.

Turned off conversation & it reappeared. That is why I suspected conversations as the culprit with u-verse.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.