Need help with your equipment?
net_nomad's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 19th, 2014 2:02 AM

No way to change dynamic IP address?

I have called tech support on several occasions attempting to get my IP address changed. It is suppose to be dynamic but as a lot of people have already pointed out, it never changes.

Someone is DDoS'ing me daily and I get knocked off any game I'm playing. It's so frustrating that they are unable to change my IP.

I have talked to 6 different tech guys and they continue to tell me that there is no way for them to change it. They always start off like they can help me and how it should be easy, but nobody has been able to change it. 

I finally ordered a static IP so it will change. After a month I'll switch it back to dynamic as it costs $15 more a month for the static IP. However, it will be a couple weeks before this will happen.

Anyone know of anyway to get a new IP? I've already factory reset the modem and have tried leaving it off for as long as a week (while I was out of town). I've had this same IP since Feb, 2012.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@net_nomad@  wrote:

I have called tech support on several occasions attempting to get my IP address changed. It is suppose to be dynamic but as a lot of people have already pointed out, it never changes.

Someone is DDoS'ing me daily and I get knocked off any game I'm playing. It's so frustrating that they are unable to change my IP.

I have talked to 6 different tech guys and they continue to tell me that there is no way for them to change it. They always start off like they can help me and how it should be easy, but nobody has been able to change it. 

I finally ordered a static IP so it will change. After a month I'll switch it back to dynamic as it costs $15 more a month for the static IP. However, it will be a couple weeks before this will happen.

Anyone know of anyway to get a new IP? I've already factory reset the modem and have tried leaving it off for as long as a week (while I was out of town). I've had this same IP since Feb, 2012.

You could use a proxy service.

https://www.hidemyass.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:
Which RG... IP is generally tied to RG... changing RG changes IP.

If purchaded 510 on adsl2+ or 3600 or 5031 on vdsl... need to purchase another.
if leased RG... request a swap... shipped to you... exchange... return original.

Yes a modem/router swap should get a new IP, but that would require either shelling out $75-$100 for a new non-leased modem/router, or convincing AT&T that you need your rented modem/router replaced.

If I'm not mistaken, a port swap at the VRAD or CO will change the IP address as well.

Problem is though if the OP has a habit of ticking off other gamers, they might have to perform this swap exercise on a regular basis, and that could get expensive. Whereas a proxy service is relatively inexpensive, if not free.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.