Need help with your equipment?
lingol's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 12:27 AM

Newest att.net email stacks conversations in a thread please stop

I keep losing emails because your "new" service decides when to stack messages in a thread. I go to check a message that I need info from and I can't find it because it is buried in a thread. Can you please make this an option instead of being automatic?

So I switched back to basic email but now that is frustrating because there is no option that I can find to have a preview window at the bottom. So I have to keep clicking back to the inbox from a message. Where are the view options buried for basic email?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

lingol - On the new mail - There is a gear in the top right corner. The second item on the menu under the gear is settings. Click settings & there is a  check box to eneable conversations - uncheck it.

The old version is probably simpler.

If the U-verse e-mail is problematic, switch ro gmail & download all your stuff from u-verse & set u-verse to forward any new mail to gmail.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank-you. figured that out just before I received your answer- found it here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/enable-disable-conversations-sln15805.html

Frustrating thing was I talked to 3 att support people on the phone (they kept moving me to someone else) and none of them told me about this option- they didn't even understand what I was talking about though I explained it multiple times.

The third person sent me to help.yahoo.com and said if there was an answer I would find it there somewhere. Wow, great customer support.

I usually do help myself first- if I call it's because I didn't find the answer- so just telling me to keep on looking was very frustrating!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.