Helpful Links

Newest att.net email stacks conversations in a thread please stop

Highlighted
Contributor

Newest att.net email stacks conversations in a thread please stop

I keep losing emails because your "new" service decides when to stack messages in a thread. I go to check a message that I need info from and I can't find it because it is buried in a thread. Can you please make this an option instead of being automatic?

So I switched back to basic email but now that is frustrating because there is no option that I can find to have a preview window at the bottom. So I have to keep clicking back to the inbox from a message. Where are the view options buried for basic email?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Newest att.net email stacks conversations in a thread please stop

lingol - On the new mail - There is a gear in the top right corner. The second item on the menu under the gear is settings. Click settings & there is a  check box to eneable conversations - uncheck it.

The old version is probably simpler.

If the U-verse e-mail is problematic, switch ro gmail & download all your stuff from u-verse & set u-verse to forward any new mail to gmail.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Newest att.net email stacks conversations in a thread please stop

Thank-you. figured that out just before I received your answer- found it here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/enable-disable-conversations-sln15805.html

Frustrating thing was I talked to 3 att support people on the phone (they kept moving me to someone else) and none of them told me about this option- they didn't even understand what I was talking about though I explained it multiple times.

The third person sent me to help.yahoo.com and said if there was an answer I would find it there somewhere. Wow, great customer support.

I usually do help myself first- if I call it's because I didn't find the answer- so just telling me to keep on looking was very frustrating!

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support