For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Numskull's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, May 21st, 2017 7:00 PM

New to U verse, constant WiFi issues

I was forced to switch from DSL to U verse. I've had U verse for 2 weeks and I am constantly having to reboot the router because the WiFi disconnects. The hard wire PC is fine. That part is good, just the WiFi. So far I am very disappointed with U Verse. Is there a fix for this problem?
Thanks Jeff

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Please provide the make/type/model of the AT&T provided router/gateway as well as the make/type/model of the devices impacted.

I suspect there may be a channel conflict with your neighbors. When you see what available WiFi SSIDs there are to connect to, are there some that show a strong signal?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

No other WIFI services are found. Just my wireless printer. As of today is has been fine, "Knock on wood".
My router model is: NVG589, date is 7/22/2014

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Disable IPv6:

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 8.18.10 PM.JPG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Ok, so I went 3 days with no problems. Then it has started again. I have Disabled IPv6, and changed my wireless channel to 11 instead of automatic. It said, it was the best one for me. Crrossing my fingers.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I've made these changes and changed my channel to 11. And I 2 days its went out twice.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

You stated that you had a WiFi printer with no issue. Is there only one device that you're having an issue with? If so and it is a Windows device, check the Energy settings for the WiFi adapter on the PC. Windows could be putting the WiFi adapter in energy saving mode.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

No, Im actually having issues with everything now. I have made no changes, other than what I stated above. Now the PC that is hard wired is loosing connection. The router has to be rebooted often,now to get the connection back.

I'm actually thinking of just dropping this u verse crap. I'm am not a Happy customer now.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.