For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
jeremybarker's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 1:20 AM

Netflix Streaming Issue

Hello,

I recently disconnected my TV service with U-Verse and downgraded my internet to the 12 Mbps plan. I have signed up for Netflix and have been having constant issues with their instant streaming. Anything I'm attempting to watch loads fine and plays on average for 15 minutes, then gives me a Loading message. The system never recovers and I have to back out of the episode and start it again. After I restart it, it plays for another 15 minutes and gives me the Loading message.

netflix_loading.png

This doesn't appear to be a Silverlight issue, I've tried 2 different computers with 2 different versions of Silverlight and both get the same symptoms.

I have been monitoring the WAN bandwidth inside my router running DD-WRT that is behind the ATT 2Wire. My router is setup in the DMZplus mode in the 2Wire. Before the loading message appears, I notice that the bandwidth monitor in my router drops to nothing.

bandwidth_drop.png

I was having issues with TV and internet service inturruptions outlined here: http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Line-Over-Committed/m-p/2979413

My line is still overcommitted in UV Realtime and I was wondering since I'm just using the internet service, would downgrading my profile to the recommended profile shown in UV Realtime remedy this issue?

Thanks!

2 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

12 years ago

I am wondering if you're running into the DHCP lease renewal issue that the RG's are prone to.

The initial DHCP negotiation works fine.  But the response to the renewal request comes from a bad IP address and may not be properly processed at the client.  The lease eventually expires and traffic stops flowing.  

Try looking here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=663213

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks alot for that link! I would have never thought to look for this. I'll try this as soon as I get home and post back results.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks again for the link, that was the key.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

12 years ago

Great! Glad to hear it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I thought that ATT and Netflix had come to an agreement?  I continue to have problems playing Netflix and I have athe upgraded Uverse.  That means I am paying for a lot more bandwidsth than I should need to run Netflix without all of the interruptions.  What's the deal?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.