NVG510 & Connection Problems

Teacher

NVG510 & Connection Problems

I just upgraded to Uverse about a month back and I've been having problems with what I have to assume is the new modem they made me purchase with the upgrade, my old one was the 2Wire.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Nearly every morning when I wake up, and sit down at the computer to check something I'm greeted with this error message.

WARNING:     Potential Connection Issue (Message ID: NAD-2902)

The Motorola NVG510 device has detected potential problems with your DSL connection which may impact your service. This problem is often caused by a phone or other device which is connected to your phone line (such as a fax machine, satellite receiver, alarm system or medical monitor) that does not have a DSL filter.

Please check that all telephone equipment is attached to a DSL filter and that all filters are properly installed (e.g., are not installed backwards).

Click the "Do not show" button to permanently disable this warning in the future.

Click on the "Continue" button to notify you in the future if this situation persists.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

It should be noted that I run through a DSL box outsides that comes in through the bedroom phone line (which I presume doesn't work since it is for internet purpose only). We had alot of issues a few years back with phone calls constantly kicking internet so we installed the box and everything has been near perfect since.

Now for whatever reason the Do not show or Continue buttons do not work. If I try to goto a website, lets say www.amazon.com, I am quickly greeted by a white screen with the text.

HTTP/1.0 302 Found Location: /cgi-bin/ipdiags.ha Pragma: no-cache Content-Type: text/html

Then the website as it appears in the address bar is..

www.amazon.com//cgi-bin/ipdiags.ha

Which loops back to the error screen listed above. It is horribly obnoxious to get rid of and will constantly do that same loop back with the attachment to every website I try to visit and then even after a full cache clear, it still does it. Even when trying to goto a website after I've finally gotten past that page, mind you the internet is and has been up and running this whole time, it stills throws the attachment on there and redirects me to what would be my modem page (192.168.1.254). The only way I've found I can get around this is by opening my browser, opening a new tab and closing the previous, clearing EVERYTHING, and either doing an unplug or factory reset on the modem. I have to do this every morning and sometimes it goes quick sometimes it can take like 10 mins+ of doing this to fix it.

Having this problem gone would be most appreciated.

Message 1 of 28 (78,317 Views)
Contributor

Re: NVG510 & Connection Problems

I have this same problem.  It keeps happening and resetting the cache doesn't fix it.  Its definitely a modem problem, because it occurs on numerous computers in the same household.  There's got to be a fix!!!

Message 2 of 28 (77,917 Views)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I'm curious if anyone else is haveing this additional symptom. In the Diagnostics -> Logs tab of the NVG510, I see the following errors repeated frequently:

dnsmasq[2702]: no response from nameserver: '99.99.99.53'
dnsmasq[2702]: nameserver '99.99.99.53' is now responding

I see the same messages for '99.99.99.153'. This is happening as frequently as every 32 seconds or as long at 7 minutes, but I don't see any span of 10 minutes or more that do not have this log entry. I wonder if the NVG510 is basing it's connectivity status on its ability to contact the DNS servers. Of course the NVG510 is too locked down to change its DNS servers to test it with other servers.

Message 3 of 28 (77,711 Views)
Voyager

I have the same problem with this residential Gateway NVG510 . Every day from 3:00 pm, the connection drop and  the light from the NVG510 turn red  and blinking constanstly. I have to unplug the connect from the phone jack and replug in again and the light on the NVG 510 will start blinking green for about  few mintues and it will stay green.  Some day , when the light turn green and stay green, I can surf the net, some day, it take more than couple hour before I can actually get any where . I think the problem lies on the RG NVG510 .  There a post on this forum about how to bridge the RG NVG510 with another router to prevent this problem .

Message 4 of 28 (77,683 Views)
Expert

This post?

qanguyen63 wrote:

I have the same problem with this residential Gateway NVG510 . Every day from 3:00 pm, the connection drop and  the light from the NVG510 turn red  and blinking constanstly. I have to unplug the connect from the phone jack and replug in again and the light on the NVG 510 will start blinking green for about  few mintues and it will stay green.  Some day , when the light turn green and stay green, I can surf the net, some day, it take more than couple hour before I can actually get any where . I think the problem lies on the RG NVG510 .  There a post on this forum about how to bridge the RG NVG510 with another router to prevent this problem .

Message 5 of 28 (77,595 Views)
Contributor

I have the same problem. Can somebody please provide a solution to this problem?

Message 6 of 28 (77,058 Views)
Voyager

I am having this same issue as the OP.

To add: I get a 6rd continuity fail, and I can access some websites consistantly (for instance, new google searches). But others I get the redirect to the router error.

Message 7 of 28 (77,036 Views)
Contributor

I have been having the same issue for the past week or so, but it is intermittent.  All my lines have filters on them, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern as to when this happens.  It would be terrific if someone from AT&T would address this here in the forum.

Message 8 of 28 (77,011 Views)
Contributor

Same Problem Here Plus I get a 6rd continuity fail Also.

Sometimes it takes 10-15 Mins to fix, Sometimes 60 mins Or More to fix.

I Ran Full Diagnosis From Error Page,
Tried to repair local area connection,
Tried to reset the modem,
Tried to reset gateway,
cleared cache,
Rebooted Computer.

9 of 10 times I turn on my computer & I get no connection.

By The Way I Unplugged Every Phone In The House + satellite receivers
And Still Get This Message.

WARNING: Potential Connection Issue (Message ID: NAD-2902)

The Motorola NVG510 device has detected potential problems with your DSL connection
which may impact your service. This problem is often caused by a phone or other
device which is connected to your phone line (such as a fax machine, satellite receiver,
alarm system or medical monitor) that does not have a DSL filter.
Please check that all telephone equipment is attached to a DSL filter and that all
filters are properly installed (e.g., are not installed backwards).
Click the "Do not show" button to permanently disable this warning in the future.
Click on the "Continue" button to notify you in the future if this situation persists.

If They Don't Fix This Issue VERY SOON, I Will Send My Modem Back In Pieces!!!!

Message 9 of 28 (76,996 Views)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Every morning I turn on my computer it fails to connect to the internet. For almost a month I'd do the troubleshoot, reboot the modem until one day it didn't come on. They've sent out several techs. each tells me its something different, or there is no problem with the modem.

They tell me that I have a strong connection but fail to understand that the next morning it won't connect. They changed the lines, put the filter on the outside, allegedly sent out crews to work the line and it still happens. Every morning turn it on and nothing.

When I call they act like this is something they've never heard of and can't figure out. Now I come here and see you guys talking about the same thing. My connection also randomly drops several times a day.

I was wonder if it might be a firewall issue but I can't find anything to help me fix it. The techs tell me they are only trained to troubleshoot their equipment and can't help me in figuring out if my firewall settings are correct.

I had a fine modem before, when I moved they forced me to upgrade to the UVerse NVG150 and it hasn't worked since.

Message 10 of 28 (76,951 Views)
Tutor

I hope you can appreciate the fact that I am writing this message on my "Verizon" iPhone! I googled on my computer and found this forum but my computer will not go to the AT&T link. I keep getting all of the above...just not at the same time. I have had 3 techs and when they leave we think it is working. Guess what, I would not be using an iPhone to type this Post if it worked. The 4th tech will be here Wednesday. They have been extremely nice but I really do not think they have a clue either. Right now, I think I would settle for "dial-up". I really do not have time for this. I just want it corrected. Strange thing. . .facebook works on the computer and my ipod touch (wireless). If I use Safari, I get the same messages about cgi-bin/ipdiags.ha or I end up on the page that says I may have somethIng plugged in. . .well I don't.
Message 11 of 28 (76,364 Views)
Contributor

Did anyone ever get a solution to this?

Message 12 of 28 (76,311 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same problem. My modem disconnects every morning around  9am. I have replaced the router and had nemourus techs to our office but still no resloution. We have had DSL and a 2wire modem and never had this problem.

Message 13 of 28 (75,510 Views)

same issues here. drops are more frequent between like 9-10 til about 330pm ............then after that the drops happen maybe once an hour. 

Message 14 of 28 (75,390 Views)
Tutor

new to uverse only had it about a month,

having the same issue sometimes it take 30 min to an hour resseting browser cahe before 

it works again. this nvg 510 is a complete lemon, this issue needs to be resolved AT&T.

you make billions and dont have someone who can fix the fiirmware for this thing, sad

Message 15 of 28 (73,392 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.