Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Motorola NVG589

Contributor

Motorola NVG589

I just installed the AT&T Uverse service.  Until now I've used Comcast.  In the prior configuration I had a Lynksys Wirless N router; WRT310N.  I also use a VoIP phone (Polycom VVX600).  During the install the AT&T tech removed the router and installed a direct Internet connection for the phone and one to the computer advsing that the router (Lynksys) was blocking the Internet access and couldn't be used.  I was assured the network was secure.  

I am now receiving "ghost calls" every 10 to 15 minutes, because there are no QoS settings for the VoIP. I've researched using the Motorola NVG589 as a cascaded router to allow me to use the router again, but I'm reluctant to make the changes on my own.  I am in the 30 day window and have access to the tech who installed the service.  Would that person be allowed to make the change if I ask if I show them the posting in this forum?  Are they trained to know this level of support?

I work from home, ironically communications consulting, so it is critical I can get this turned around quickly.

Thank you ...

Message 1 of 2
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by WorkfromHome
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Motorola NVG589

This YouTube video might help you:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7A0LN5AH_M

I was reluctant to fool around and connect my existing home router to the 3801 RG I was given but a lot of research and patience paid off! Works like a charm.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support