Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Motorola NVG589

Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Highlighted
Contributor

Motorola NVG589

I just installed the AT&T Uverse service.  Until now I've used Comcast.  In the prior configuration I had a Lynksys Wirless N router; WRT310N.  I also use a VoIP phone (Polycom VVX600).  During the install the AT&T tech removed the router and installed a direct Internet connection for the phone and one to the computer advsing that the router (Lynksys) was blocking the Internet access and couldn't be used.  I was assured the network was secure.  

I am now receiving "ghost calls" every 10 to 15 minutes, because there are no QoS settings for the VoIP. I've researched using the Motorola NVG589 as a cascaded router to allow me to use the router again, but I'm reluctant to make the changes on my own.  I am in the 30 day window and have access to the tech who installed the service.  Would that person be allowed to make the change if I ask if I show them the posting in this forum?  Are they trained to know this level of support?

I work from home, ironically communications consulting, so it is critical I can get this turned around quickly.

Thank you ...

Message 1 of 2
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by WorkfromHome
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Motorola NVG589

This YouTube video might help you:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7A0LN5AH_M

I was reluctant to fool around and connect my existing home router to the 3801 RG I was given but a lot of research and patience paid off! Works like a charm.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support