Most (but not all) web pages won't load for minutes at a time

Most (but not all) web pages won't load for minutes at a time

Pretty much every time I am on a web browser (mainly Firefox, but this happens with IE as well), it alternates between periods where I have no problems accessing websites and periods where pretty much every page request will try to load for about a minute and then show a "Connection Reset" screen.  The only reasons I don't think it's just a case of "ISP overload" are, (a) there are some pages (Facebook comes to mind) where I never have a problem loading it, and (b) I never have a problem accessing sites through FTP.

Message 1 of 2 (1,762 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: Most (but not all) web pages won't load for minutes at a time

Hi ,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with some web pages loading. One thing worth trying to see if it will make a difference is changing the DNS address on your device. I would suggest trying an OpenDNS or Google's 8.8.8.8.

Also, you can try to run a trace route to that site to see if there are any issues along the routing path.

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out here in the Forums by sending us a Private Message or checking out our Chat Support.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (1,660 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.