Helpful Links

Most (but not all) web pages won't load for minutes at a time

Most (but not all) web pages won't load for minutes at a time

Pretty much every time I am on a web browser (mainly Firefox, but this happens with IE as well), it alternates between periods where I have no problems accessing websites and periods where pretty much every page request will try to load for about a minute and then show a "Connection Reset" screen.  The only reasons I don't think it's just a case of "ISP overload" are, (a) there are some pages (Facebook comes to mind) where I never have a problem loading it, and (b) I never have a problem accessing sites through FTP.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: Most (but not all) web pages won't load for minutes at a time

Hi ,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with some web pages loading. One thing worth trying to see if it will make a difference is changing the DNS address on your device. I would suggest trying an OpenDNS or Google's 8.8.8.8.

Also, you can try to run a trace route to that site to see if there are any issues along the routing path.

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply sign in, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support