For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
toddlemmon's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 25th, 2014 12:07 PM

Linking Apple Time capsule to Arris NVG589 to use backup capability

Hello-

We recently switched to U-verse from Xfinity and have a question about how to connect our Apple Time Capsule to the U-Verse Arris router so that our Macs will still automatically back up to the Time Capsule. At this point I have the Time Capsule in "Bridge" mode and our U-verse TV works and all our Macs indicate that they're connected to the Time Capsule for wi-fi and not the Arris. To be honest, I think I just lucked out setting the Arris to passthrough as I have no idea what I'm doing. Would greatly appreciate any advice an how to do this for the best possible set-up. Thanks very much.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @toddlemmon,

I could not find any information no how accessing the hard drive in the Apple Time capsule works, while in bridge mode. I would assume it would still be accessible, so you can use the time machine settings. Hopefully, everything is working on your end. When it comes to setting it up, there are multiple setups, and all of them work well. If the time machine program is not working, you may need to take your Apple Time Capsule out of bridge mode, and have it act as a router. From there, make sure the U-verse TVs are connected directly to the U-verse router, and everything should work.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.