Need help with your equipment?
pkskyVerse's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, August 4th, 2016 5:02 PM

Is my residential Uverse IP address static?

I have a discounted Uverse account by way of being a SNAP recipient.  Is my IP address on the internet a static address?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

No.  You have to pay extra to get a static IP.  With that said, most times your IP will not change unless your gateway is replaced or your connection is moved to another port.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks, that really covers it.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Perhaps you can tell me.  It is possible for me to host a web server on my Uverse account?  I believe I have residential account by way of a discounted service.  I have set up my modem/router's firewall to allow access to a host computer, but I can't reach it from the internet.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Use an odd port like 8080 ... then just use a service like http://dyn.com to get a web adress ... (They include the software applet to update your IP automatically should it change.)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

This one is free,  http://www.noip.com/

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Why would I use the odd port?  Does Uverse block access to the usual port?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

All of our devices are static except one android tablet! All our devices are hacked. I have called so many times and hear nothing but so sorry I can help you. I am now looking into getting legal help. I never asked for my 192 address to be given a 107 address. This is logged onto the portal logs as private, static and is also the address for the IPv4 on our router. My ip is from lightspeed nslvtn. I reset the router nvg510 and when I tried to open safari my browser was pure white, took a screen shot and then it worked for a while. At first I thought it was non responsive but later discovered it was latently slow. The router blinks like crazy once I get on my iPad, I had some control if I can get to desktop version but now even that is impossible. Airport doesn't even disconnect me, cannot shut down even by force! I have became a hotspot gateway. This is wrong on so many counts! My own number calls me and gets on the device. If I don't answer the phone the turned off answering machine machine says please enter your private access code. The last helper at att's help line was named ZEUS, when I told him my issue he transferred me. Now when I call it says you have a open ticket for repair...... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.