For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
GSTEXEC1's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, June 5th, 2017 8:50 PM

Closed

Is AT&T changing from 6rd IPv6 to Dual-Stack IPv6

I have seen mention of AT&T with Dual-Stack IPv6 and would like to know if it is changing from 6rd to Dual-Stack.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

7 years ago

Yes its starting to happen now.

I just got native dual stack ipv6 on my AT&T internet connection. It started rolling out in different areas about a week ago. They are doing a staggered rollout. 

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

7 years ago

I've seen no official notice of this, but I have seen where they will be. I also believe they are already pushing it out because my Gateway recently updated firmware and now when I do a Dual-Stack IPv6 & IPv4 test, I get a successful result.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What city are you in? I've seen some people mention their gateways updating to ipv6. I'm wondering if I need to plug the gateway back in to see if my area has changed. I'm in Atlanta, GA. On forums I've seen Nashville and Charlotte.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

7 years ago

In a few more months everyone should be changed over.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Hi I'm in Fort Pierce, FL  with is in Southeast Florida North of West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami.  I have seen it in California, Tenn. and some other places but not in Florida yet.

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

7 years ago

I'm in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

I think I just got Native IPV6 in North Fort Lauderdale (now called Oakland Park) just south of Pompano Beach, Florida. I first noticed it in my iPhone on WiFI ... It had different IPV6 addresses in 2600:1700 range, where it used to be 2602:30 range. This seems to have happened Halloween Night - Oct. 31st 2017. My computers still seem to think there is both a /60 and /64 routes. But I'll bet the /60, as before, won't work through the router?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

It's been quite a while since this thread has been active, but my router went IPv6 native a month or two ago. I'm in Atlanta, GA in the southeast area.

• 

4.4K Messages

5 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.