For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
tgonzalez822's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 27th, 2018 2:38 AM

Internet slows down every night

Every night, without fail, my internet slows down to the point where we can't utilize our laptops nor watch Netflix or anything else on our streaming devices. I have AT&T fiber which was their first suggestion but it hasn't fixed anything. It's to the point that while watching a show my app stopped and the message appeared that I wasn't connected to the internet. This is so frustrating I'm ready to move to another provider.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is ridiculous!!  I have had roughly 10 service technicians out to my house and it never fails. They say it's running great but after about 6pm for every hour we experience 20 minutes on average of no internet. I am an IT solutions manager for a Fortune 500 company and it disgusts me that I even pay for internet to a company that can't even make their service work.  I live in an area where options are limited or I would have switched a long time ago if I had options. Mine will slow down enough that it wont even load a simple web page. Get your crap together AT&T!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Has anyone received resolution on why the internet slows down every night?  It's like clockwork in my household, forget about watching anything from 8:45pm to 9:30pm.  I just had a technician come out and install a new modem, but still the same results.

I'm doing a trial with an online TV service streamed through an Amazon Fire 4k Stick because my Uverse contract will be expiring.  What I noticed during the test is at 8:45pm the fire stick switched from 5gh to 2.4gh and the picture quality gets fuzzy.  Not sure if AT&T can handle the band width demand needed for prime time usage.

Six months ago I also had upgraded to AT&T Fiber in hopes of correcting this issue, but same results as the old DSL service.  I don't want to lock into another contract and experience the same results.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

5 years ago

We'd like to look into this for you. Please send us a Direct Message on our Twitter or Facebook account with your account number, contact number, and some additional details on what's going on. We look forward to hearing from you. https://soc.att.com/2SzBi92

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Att I’ve called at least 5 times for the SAME issue and looks like people have been complaining for years now! I pay over $200 a month for my service and everything is internet based now. Y’all still don’t have a solution and when we call in every tech has a different excuse! Data on my phone is basically dead & hotspot is useless past 930! I’m a single mom and that’s how we also watch tv. Loyal att customer of 20 years is about to ditch this carrier and go to Verizon. It’s ridiculous! 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I finally got someone that lowered my speed because I
Was too far away and it works great now. After all the calls and visits

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the same issue as well, especially at night. 50mps package and I’m not even getting close to that, When I had a slower plan I rarely would be disconnected, but now seems like total opposite even with WiFI extenders. What’s strange is when I do ATT speed test, it’s close to my plan, but if if I try Okla Speed test its complete garbage, below  5mps which is about right considering how slow and laggy everything is, and that’s with only 1 unit using signal. I have had a few techs come out they say the same thing, everything is good. I like Uverse, been a customer for over 10 years, but this is getting bad, plus other providers offer way more MPS than ATT in my area.  May have to switch isince this has been going on for over year.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue here in St. Louis. I've had the service for 2-3 weeks. I have 300 service. I get approx. 180-300 during the day and 5-10 at night. I have ATT TV service as well and it buffers repeatedly at night, like clockwork. If they can't fix this I'll get out of the contract. Balee dat!!

• 

3 Messages

I'm having the same issue. Like clock work, internet stops working. Think we should get Attorney General involved

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My internet absolutely TANKS at late night which is unacceptable since that's the time when i'm actually the only one on the internet in the home. It's to the point where i'm constantly disconnected from the internet completely after we have already upgraded to a higher tier internet through AT&T. Honestly i wouldn't recommend you guys to anyone. it is ridiculous.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Sounds like my issue too, what the H is happening ATT?! My internet service through the wifi gateway is usually very good but about 2 weeks ago it began to drop signal strength between hours of 12am -4am Est. Works just fine throughout the day, I've tried with several different devices (but only 1 connected so its not an over tasked issue), rebooted ect to no avail. Only variable is the time of day ...so comes midnight and ATT turns into a pumpkin! 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

You are not the only one that has that problem.  I have it also and it (Edited per community guidelines).  Because I have direct TV and there are NO fiber optics lines in my neighborhood and Spectrum always have problem we are hampard.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.