I Can't Find the System Password for my Router

Highlighted
Contributor

I Can't Find the System Password for my Router

Can anyone please help? The System Password is not on the label, and is nowhere to be found. The router is a 

i3812V. Please help?

Message 1 of 6
Expert

Re: I Can't Find the System Password for my Router

For the i3812V (iNID), there are 3 pieces in the system:

1. The i3812V, which is the box on the outside of your house.
2. The i38HG, which is the unit inside the house that has the wireless access point in it, and also has 4 Ethernet ports.
3. The iPSU, which is the battery backup unit to power the i3812V if there is a power failure.

The password on these systems is on a sticker that is on the iPSU unit.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

Shadow98967 - Is that used for pair bonding with an inid? I believe that case has thePW label on the power supply for the inid.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

What and where is the iPSU? I need to know the System Password, to make a server for me and friends to have a good time. If you mean the label, all it has is : SN, MAC, SSID , WIFI KEY, and PN ._.

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Wait what? Sorry, but I'm not very good at Computers. Haha

Message 5 of 6
Community Support

Hi Shadow98967,

SomeJoe7777 and aviewer are 100% correct. The password is found on the iPSU, which can almost be anywhere in your house, but the usual areas it is in is a closet or your garage.

It should look like this:

Once you find this, the sticker with the system password is hopefully on the outside, but you may have to remove the panel door, and it will be on the panel.

Let us know how it goes!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support