Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to locate AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots by zip code??????

Teacher

How to locate AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots by zip code??????

Hoc can I locate Wi - Fi Hoto Spots  for an area....starbucks, McDonals, etc.....All I can find is the instructions on how to connect to ATTWIFI....so should I drive around until I see ARRWIFI pop up on wifi list on my laptop?????

Message 1 of 24
Employee

Re: How to locate AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots by zip code??????

Here is their answer plain and simple

INSTRUCTIONS & INFO

Connect to AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots
Get online for free at thousands of locations across the U.S. We don’t have an AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot map right now, but you can search your device app store for a hotspot locator.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 24
Contributor

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]The AT&T customer service personnel I spoke with were clueless about how to locate a hotspot. When I asked why the hotspot service is available to me free with my fiber optic internet service, they responded that when I could find a hotspot, I could connect for free. A lot of good it does when you can't locate one.

Message 17 of 24
Employee

@TruthBeTold559   you cant sue in class action, you can go to arbitration or small claims arbitration can take 2-4 years and small claims will cost you a ton of money with a minimal payout

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 24
Tutor

"@TruthBeTold559   you cant sue in class action, you can go to arbitration or small claims arbitration can take 2-4 years and small claims will cost you a ton of money with a minimal payout"

First it is wrong for you to dispense legal advice as I assume your not a lawyer who passed the bar. And if you are such, I like to remind you that for a class action suit to take place lawyers will go before the courts and argue the merits of the case based on case law and a judge will then decide whether the case can go forward or not.  So for you to say that you can't sue is just wrong.  Small Claims are state courts and each state has their own rules.  I should add that Small Claims courts can nullify a contract should that contract have been breached by one or both of the parties.  But this is not legal advice merely a clarification of misleading advice from the ATT employee boarding on reckless advice.

At one point in ATT legal department knows someone someplace will bring suit against ATT for reckless and misleading information about their product or products. Keeping on track with this thread, saying they have hotspots, but cannot for the life of them show us where they are.

It would be better for ATT to own up to and correct their practice then to wait for the anvil to drop.  Either way ATT will either pay on the front end or the back end.  If it comes to paying on the back end, it will be far more costly when all the  lawyers fees start to add up as well as a hit to ATT reputation when all they had to do is the right thing, by admitting to and correcting the situation.  And while this forum is only been a small sampling of disgruntle ATT customers who have a legitimate gripe, I'm sure should a lawyer or lawyers goes forward with a class action thousands to possibly millions of customers will sign on to any given suit.  

And before a ATT representative tells us that the consumer benefits very little monetarily from Class Action suits and that these suits takes years to resolve, I will admit all of that is true.  But and important but, I wish to note the use of Class Action is not only from the consumer point view something in which monetary gain is the end result, but means to hold accountable a company in this case a behemoth corporation with deceptive misleading merchandising coupled with classic bait and switch tactics.

All were asking is for ATT do the right thing either list the hotspots and if you cannot because they don't exist, then pay a small amount or a large credit towards purchase of a product to each customer for not performing a function that you promised your customers.

Message 19 of 24
Highlighted
Tutor

Thank you for explaining that to the poster.

It is incredulous to me that AT&T purports to have hotspots but no means of providing where these mystery spots are. Having personally spent over 3 hours (yes, you read that right) with reps on the phone, and also having been transferred from person to person, department to department, I can attest that no department seemed to know how or where these elusive hotspots are. I was ultimately hung up on by a rep (or disconnected with no call back?).  

I’m in Fort Lauderdale-surely there are more locations besides McDonald’s and Starbucks where an ACTUAL hotspot is located. Comcast has them. Where are yours, AT&T? Your chances of finding Bigfoot are much more probable than an AT&T hotspot. 

Message 20 of 24
Employee

@Cycling  read your terms of service, im not giving legal advice im reading it off the terms of service of course i didnt quote it i specified the important part .

Message 21 of 24
Employee

@Cycling  also read the disclaimer at the bottom of all my posts, im not an at&t representative im simply a customer same as you and do not represent at&t with my responses.

Message 22 of 24
Tutor

My sincere apology for inferring that you were a AT&T employe.   My bad and I sincerely apologize not just to you but to AT&T.

However, the information that you imparted as I mentioned in the above post was misleading which is why I try to clarify some of your statements.  I meant neither to degrade nor cast aspersions on you as fellow poster on this thread.

I hope that no offense was taken

Again my apologies.

Message 23 of 24
Contributor

So how/where do we file a complaint to get credit or results?

Message 24 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support