For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Shrouded's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 26th, 2015 4:37 PM

How to have your gateway (Modem+Router combo) reboot at certain times automatically

I've been seeing my internet performance decay overtime because the gateway is on for a prolonged period of time without resetting/rebooting. After rebooting/resetting the gateway I have my performance back at its peak state or its prime. The point is that how do I make the gateway reset itself without me having to manually goto my gateway website or even press the red button on the gateway and have it repeat that every lets say 3:00 in the morning

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

There is no option to 'automatically' have the gateway reboot at a scheduled time.  You will have to do that manually. 

Some customers believe in doing that once a week.  Me?...not so much.  I only do it if there's a problem with any of my services (TV/Internet/phone).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Are you saying it is not possible through atnt's gateway system? What about using 3rd party methods?

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Maybe look into one of those programmable AC switches that people use to turn on and off their indoor lights, coffee pot, etc. 

Something like this

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.