Need help with your equipment?
ejp_1's profile

Teacher

• 

76 Messages

Monday, February 26th, 2018 10:05 PM

How to customize att.net home page

I can't find how to customize the new att.net page like the old myyahoo page.  Want to select specific content from a menu and define where it physically sits on page. Is this even possible?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

As @skeeterintexas you can choose any web page you want for your home page.  So if you like yahoo.com so much set up a free account and continue to use it.  But just remember that all the personalized services jumping off points on their home/portal page like the mail icon there are for the yahoo account and not the att account.  You still have to go through start.att.net if you want to get to your att email or other services att provides.  But you would also have to do that anyway no matter what other home page you choose.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

The start.att.net cannot be changed.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

You don't have use att.net as your home page.  Use something to your liking.  I use Google News and it can be customized with the content that you want.  You could audition different sites until you find the one that meets your needs.

Teacher

• 

76 Messages

6 years ago

Ok thanks. This is for my wife who really likes her old "MyYahoo" page
and the way it's so customizable. Will try to sell her on something
else if that goes away.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

as a frustrated att /uverse user I'm hoping you may have a solution for me. I have had att for ages & just last week failed to access my att home page. I can get into the web. I can find my mail as it is Yahoo so I go elsewhere. But I cannot get my home page back. A blank page appears with a url of start.att.net. Sometimes there is more info on the back of the address? I try typing it in but still no hame page. As I'm sure you know, support at att is generally useless. Yes I have tried them several times hence the frustration. I have tried 4 different browsers & all have the same issue. I change the settings like you do but still no att home page. I can get other home pages like Edge but no ATT. Thanks.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@Peachson - please start your own thread or add to an existing thread that has the same problem (I think there are others).  But this thread's topic was how to customize the att home page, not how to address any problems getting it to display.  Thanks in advance.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Aha! Apparently another "Colossal Cave" aficionado. Man Tongue

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I found the way to customize the AT&T Start page. On the start page, look to the left side where you will see a list starting with Mail then AT&T Begin then News and so on. Click on the AT&T Begin to customize your start page.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks. I finally found the AT&T Start page. Apparently I hadn't actually
made it before. ( I was looking for "Home" page.) When I finally got there,
I found that it already contained the content from my old Yahoo Home page
with a few extras.

Douglas L Iford

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My name is Janet ***** and AT&T is sending me bills every month and since I have been with Cox Comm. for 27 yrs. I really can't understand why I am rec'ding bills for service I don't have and never have had and never will have.I am surprised that a company that large have to reduce themselves to trying to defraud the elderly.I am 80 years old and have been under a lot of stress from AT&T because of their stupitiy.They have been sending me bills since Dec,218 and I do not have their service.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.