For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
James425's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, August 23rd, 2014 8:49 PM

How to add my Linksys E4200 router with the Motorola NVG589?

I would like to have my Linksys E4200 router working with the Motorola NVG589.

I want to keep the wireless on the Motorola NVG589 - Just want the Linksys also.

I've tried all that I could think of until I got a migrain headache.

When I hook it up it search for internet and the lights stop blinking (stay light), but everthing I connect wireless to it say no internet.

The NVG589 wireless is still working.

Thank you

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @James425,

I apologize about the inconveniences, but I will be glad to help. Does a wired connection work to the Linksys E4200? If so, then there may be an issue with wireless conflicts. I would suggest making sure the wireless network names are different and you have them on separate channels. Also, you may need to move the routers further away from each other.

If the wired connection is not working, then there is a connection issue between the Linksys and U-verse router. Try replacing the Ethernet cable.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you David T

Yes I have tried another Cat cable as sence I came to U-verse I've upgraded my network to Cat6 and put in a 24port switch (If GigaBit would hurry and get here I will be replacing the Giga network to Fiber as I do have almost everything I need)

I will put the Linksys on the  other side of the house and let you know 🙂

Thank you my Friend

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @James425 ,

Just wanted to check in to see how everything was going. Hopefully, everything is working fine, but if not, let us know, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.