Helpful Links

How to add my Linksys E4200 router with the Motorola NVG589?

Highlighted
Tutor

How to add my Linksys E4200 router with the Motorola NVG589?

I would like to have my Linksys E4200 router working with the Motorola NVG589.

I want to keep the wireless on the Motorola NVG589 - Just want the Linksys also.

I've tried all that I could think of until I got a migrain headache.

When I hook it up it search for internet and the lights stop blinking (stay light), but everthing I connect wireless to it say no internet.

The NVG589 wireless is still working.

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
Community Support

Re: How to add my Linksys E4200 router with the Motorola NVG589?

Hi @James425,

I apologize about the inconveniences, but I will be glad to help. Does a wired connection work to the Linksys E4200? If so, then there may be an issue with wireless conflicts. I would suggest making sure the wireless network names are different and you have them on separate channels. Also, you may need to move the routers further away from each other.

If the wired connection is not working, then there is a connection issue between the Linksys and U-verse router. Try replacing the Ethernet cable.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply sign in, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Thank you David T

Yes I have tried another Cat cable as sence I came to U-verse I've upgraded my network to Cat6 and put in a 24port switch (If GigaBit would hurry and get here I will be replacing the Giga network to Fiber as I do have almost everything I need)

I will put the Linksys on the  other side of the house and let you know Smiley Happy

Thank you my Friend

Message 3 of 4
Community Support

Hi @James425 ,

Just wanted to check in to see how everything was going. Hopefully, everything is working fine, but if not, let us know, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply sign in, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support