Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How To Setup DMZ and IP Passthrough

Contributor

How To Setup DMZ and IP Passthrough

Message 1 of 18
ACE - Expert

Re: open port

There is no account specific information stored in your gateway that wouldn't be replaced automatically during the reload operation when it books back up afterwards.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 18
Contributor

Brian... 

I am with you 100%, I would switch it back to Spectrum in a heart beat, except, I can't!  So far there isn't anything I like about ATT's Internet nor Direct TV. 

When they sold this to me, I was PROMISED, yes Promised, speeds of 80/80 up/down.  HA! I haven't broken 75 yet, and I hit 75 only once.  Just for {edited for word filter evasion} I just did a speed test. All I get is  23.4 down and 3.10 up. It is 6.42 AM in Los Angeles.  Doing the same speed on the same equipment I used to hit 200/30 (+/- 10) down/up with Spectrum.  
Why can't ATT just give me a modem instead of this stupid router. Why can't I hit the speeds they've promised. Why is the Direct TV interface not intuitive? who designed it? why has ATT peppered all these sales channels all over the place on DTV? I  am paying for a service and yet I am have to claw my way through sales channels to get to my stuff. OH and get this... If I want to watch an older episode of a TV show that I didn't watch a few weeks ago, now all the sudden I have to pay $2.99 for that. I am talking network TV!  A show on CW.  A show I missed to watch/record it 3 weeks ago, and now I have to pay $2.99 to watch it.  I have Showtime, but I can't watch season 8 of Shameless on demand, I have to pay $2.99 per episode! 

I can't wait till this contract is over! 

Message 17 of 18
ACE - Expert

80/80?  I don't remember there ever being a downstream tier of 80, let alone a symmetric 80.  What speed is actually listed on your account summary?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support