Need help with your equipment?
auditor18's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 21st, 2018 1:53 PM

Here is the email AT&T sent to home Internet and DIRECTV NOW subscribers: Good news about your Inte

Hi please can you tellme about this ? a friend of mine received an email regarding all this info

So if this is real can i order home internet and as a directv now and wireless cel phone client take advantage of this promo as well?

Here is the email AT&T sent to home Internet and DIRECTV NOW subscribers:

Good news about your Internet service! Because you also added DIRECTV NOW℠ to your Internet service, we’re giving you unlimited home Internet data at no additional cost.¹ Unlimited data can be used for anything, not just for streaming DIRECTV NOW.

You don’t have to do a thing. We already added the unlimited home Internet data allowance to your account.

Remember: Keep both services at your current address to continue enjoying unlimited home Internet data at no charge.²

If you cancel DIRECTV NOW, then we’ll remove the unlimited home Internet data, and you’ll return to your current monthly data allowance. You can add it back at any time for $30 per month or by bundling your Internet service with another qualifying AT&T product.³

Already paying for unlimited home Internet data?

If you already have the unlimited home Internet data option for $30 per month, that line item will be replaced on your bill with a new unlimited home Internet data option line item showing no charge. If you cancel DIRECTV NOW, we’ll automatically add back your original unlimited home Internet data allowance for $30 per month.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Associated Member

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Hey @auditor18,

This promotion is for select users who have existing DIRECTV NOW service and existing U-Verse internet service. The promo is not available to new internet or new DIRECTV NOW customers.

In short, if you signed up for home internet right now, you would not be eligible for the promotion as it wasn't preexisting U-Verse home internet.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you !!! 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there - I also received this letter.  I have AT&T fiber internet on one account, and DIRECTV NOW on a separate account.  I am still being billed for my internet service.  I called the 800 number and not a single person even knew what the letter was about, nor could they assist me.  Would love some recommendations.  Thanks!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

You will still be billed for internet the price does not change. If you have fiber at 1000, then this does not affect you since unlimited is included with your speed. If you have anything less, you will simply not be billed for the $30 it costs to be unlimited. Please let us know what speed you have and if the letter has any contact info. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah I've since figured that out.  Thanks for the sarcasm and snide comments though - it fits right in with my experience in dealing with AT&T for years.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.