For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
briansix's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 6:45 PM

Forwarding Port 80 triggers Router Detection alert on 3801HGV

I looked around in this forum and didn't see reference to this, so here goes:

I am trying to forward port 80 to a Mac server. I already forward 22 to a NAS and that works fine.
 However, after setting up the computer in the web interface with the forward it seems to work until I access it in a browser. This seems to trigger some kind of circular reference that causes the 3801HGV to think I have another router on my network, which I don't.

So, my questions:

Can the router detection be turned off? It intercepts all my http traffic and effectively kills web traffic on my network until I reset the device information on the 3801HGV.

If I can't turn it off, is there another way to set up forwarding of port 80?

I should also say that I did try this with a router, and set it up as a router on the 3801HGV but I couldn't access the internet though the added router.

Thanks in advance for any tips. This forum is a great resource.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi briansix,

I apologize about the inconveniences. But yes, you can disable that message. If you login to the U-verse router at http://192.168.1.254, go to Settings -> System Info -> Event Notifications, there will be an option for Router-Behind-Router Detection and Broadband Status Notification. If it is already unchecked, I would try checking it, saving, and then unchecking and saving to toggle it, and it may be best to disable Broadband Status Notifications too.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks! I swear I looked through every other setting on the router and didn't see that one. I deactivated it and will try again to forward the port.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Glad I could help. Let us know how it goes!

-David T

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

This worked. Thanks again!

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Also, if you encounter any issues with your service or equipment in the future, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.