Helpful Links

Forwarding Port 80 triggers Router Detection alert on 3801HGV

Tutor

Forwarding Port 80 triggers Router Detection alert on 3801HGV

I looked around in this forum and didn't see reference to this, so here goes:

I am trying to forward port 80 to a Mac server. I already forward 22 to a NAS and that works fine.
 However, after setting up the computer in the web interface with the forward it seems to work until I access it in a browser. This seems to trigger some kind of circular reference that causes the 3801HGV to think I have another router on my network, which I don't.

So, my questions:

Can the router detection be turned off? It intercepts all my http traffic and effectively kills web traffic on my network until I reset the device information on the 3801HGV.

If I can't turn it off, is there another way to set up forwarding of port 80?

I should also say that I did try this with a router, and set it up as a router on the 3801HGV but I couldn't access the internet though the added router.

Thanks in advance for any tips. This forum is a great resource.

Message 1 of 6
Community Support

Re: Forwarding Port 80 triggers Router Detection alert on 3801HGV

Hi briansix,

I apologize about the inconveniences. But yes, you can disable that message. If you login to the U-verse router at http://192.168.1.254, go to Settings -> System Info -> Event Notifications, there will be an option for Router-Behind-Router Detection and Broadband Status Notification. If it is already unchecked, I would try checking it, saving, and then unchecking and saving to toggle it, and it may be best to disable Broadband Status Notifications too.

Hope this helps.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

Thanks! I swear I looked through every other setting on the router and didn't see that one. I deactivated it and will try again to forward the port.

Message 3 of 6
Community Support

Glad I could help. Let us know how it goes!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Tutor

This worked. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 6
Community Support

Also, if you encounter any issues with your service or equipment in the future, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

-David T

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support