Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Facebook problems limited to the Midwest

Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Facebook problems limited to the Midwest

Just found this interesting bit of news:

People across the Midwest are reporting connection errors with Facebook and Facebook Messenger.

The problem is reportedly due to an outage with AT&T who operates a large part of the Internet backbone.

The outage is impacting people in Iowa, Twin Cities, Chicago and beyond.

Tech teams for local cable and network carriers are working with AT&T to try to find the fix.

http://www.kcci.com/news/facebook-down-people-across-midwest-reporting-problems/33650176

I know I haven't had issues here in Texas.   Perhaps this explains things.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 3

Re: Unable to log onto Facebook? Are you in the midwest?

Thanks! I myself have not had any problems, but there have been 2 posts now with this problem. I will share this post around.

Thanks,
Alex
Alex

Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.
Message 2 of 3

Re: Facebook problems limited to the Midwest

This appears to be a DNS issue

I've been able to browse progressively fewer and fewer sites over the last week here.

It can be gotten around by using Google's DNS or OpenDNS for your DNS server settings.

OpenDNS Servers:

I was able to put these settings in, and it instantly restored my ability to browse.

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support