For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
KWC001's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 9:14 PM

Enable Mac filtering

I am new to Uverse (July 2016)  and want to set up MAC filtering. I have gateway model 5268AC FXN. I created a list of devices to allow. When I click Enable MAC Filtering  I get a red box that says Errors. Whats wrong? I want to control who gets on my wifi.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

Turning off WPS (wireless protected setup) corrects the issue with enabling MAC filtering on 5268AC and our other routers. Let us know if any additional questions.

-ATTU-verseCare

Community Support

• 

231.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @KWC001,

We apologize about the issues. We have seen some issues with MAC Filtering due to settings conflicts. If you do not have any other things setup on your gateway, the easiest solution is to do a factory reset. You can do a full factory reset by either going to the Diagnostics > Resets tab in the gateway or holding the red reset button on the back for 30 seconds.

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

I have not done anything to this gateway. It is just like it was out of the box. MAC filtering does not work. So, why do a reset.  Is there some setting necessary to use mac filtering?

Thanks

Community Support

• 

231.4K Messages

8 years ago

Sometimes a reset is just needed. 

ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

I did the reset using button on back of the set. It took a few minutes but its back up and working (Uverse).  I clicked the scan for devices and it loaded all the devices in the allowed column, but clicking the enable mac filtering still gives an error.

Community Support

• 

231.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @KWC001,

The modem will need to be changed out. We just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back.

-ATTU-verseCare 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Question,

How can I install Mac Filtering on my device, I would like for someone to walk me through it or have a technician that's capable of doing this installation.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

What if this doesn't work?

Community Support

• 

231.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @KKammer,

This thread post gives some tips for installing MAC filtering.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Turning off WPS (wireless protected setup) corrects the issue with enabling MAC filtering on 5268AC and our other routers. Let us know if any additional questions.

-ATTU-verseCare

it's not working for 5GHz wifi.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.