For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
mcolosimo1123's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 25th, 2016 12:06 PM

Earthlink SMTP smtpauth.earthlink.net outbound email being blocked?

I work for a small business & we use Earthlink SMTP smtpauth.earthlink.net outbound email service to function.  The software worked flawlessly until I changed from cable to U-Verse.  Does anyone have any answers for this problem.  Uverse appears to be blocking the SMTPserver port.  I am inclined to agree since things have not been a problem until the new service was set up from ATT.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

I located this on Earthlinks site:

I can receive email, but not send it. What should I do?

Check to make sure that your email program has the outgoing (SMTP) sever set up correctly.

• The Outgoing SMTP server should be smtpauth.earthlink.net (same for all email addresses)
  • Put a check in the box for “My Outgoing SMTP server requires authentication” (or something similar) and enter your entire email address and password for authentication.
  • Set the Outgoing SMTP port number to 587. This is usually found under your email software’s Advanced Account settings section.

I assume you can receive but not send?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

If you do as the instructions provided by BeeBeeSA suggest, you will not be using the default SMTP port (TCP 25) to transmit and will thus work around the block of TCP 25 that AT&T places on U-verse lines by default (as an anti-SPAM/anti-malware measure).

This is the best way to resolve this issue.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Yes that is correct. I can receive only. It times out after so long after sending and can't ping the earthlink server.

Thanks for your recommendation and quick response. I will have our administrator look into it.

Mike

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for your help!! I will pass this along.

Mike

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.