Need help with your equipment?
JA2580's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 19th, 2014 3:48 AM

Does U-Verse internet have a data cap monthly?

Hey guys I use a lot of data monthly (At least 400GB) Does U-Verse internet have a monthly data cap like DSL? I searched on the forums and some people say that they aren't enforcing the data cap. But can anyone confirm if the data cap is being inforced or not? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@JA2580 wrote:

Hey guys I use a lot of data monthly (At least 400GB) Does U-Verse internet have a monthly data cap like DSL? I searched on the forums and some people say that they aren't enforcing the data cap. But can anyone confirm if the data cap is being inforced or not? Thanks.

Yes UVerse has a cap of 250GB, however, it has been unenforced for over 2 years now and no plans in the near future to do so.  

For additional information, you can visit our site.

ATTU-verseCare

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@JA2580 wrote:

Yes UVerse has a cap of 250GB, however, it has been unenforced for over 2 years now and no plans in the near future to do so.  

Scholar

• 

419 Messages

9 years ago

We are long-time AT&T Wireless customers and have used the DSL service, but since Uverse has never been available in the Heart of OKC, (Been waiting 6 or 7 years at least) we currently use the local Cable company, who now appears to be enforcing their 300GB per month data cap.. which is not enough.  We've upgraded it twice after warnings about nearing the cap and now pay a rediculous amount of money for what would seem like normal bandwidth usage considering everyone has smartphones and Netflix etc.  (Can't afford premium cable anymore, would be well over $200 per month) We were considering switching back to DSL, even with only 6mbps top speed limitations thinking there was no data cap, but certainly won't if they have a 250 GB Data Cap.  Watch the advertisements showing everyone in the house using Smartphones and streaming movies on multiple devices... it's what they DON'T tell you. I work out of town about 8 months out of the year, and the 4 months I'm home I want to catch up on movies.  Netflix and Amazone Prime are the best way, but where do you get the bandwidth? The industry is well over priced and getting worse.  It may be time to go back to Rabbit Ears and buying or Renting DVD's.

Scholar

• 

419 Messages

9 years ago

Where's the Roll Over plan so you get your yearly monies worth?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Not sure where you got the figure 250 Gb for dsl, but the correct cap is 150 Gb. and 10 dollars for ever fraction of 50 Gb over that. You can order a limit of 250, but it is sure not what is on the standard account. And based on the number of stories I have read posted to this forum, they DO in fact enforce that data cap.

Some details of AT&T's dsl internet seem a bit vague: Not available at all in areas where u-verse is avalable, If you had dsl, and u-verse is activated in that area, you are changed over wheather ya want u-verse or not. Even in areas where AT&T has the phone monopoly, dsl may be technicaly available, but due to a limit on the number of available ports, and absolutly NO plans of expanding or adding any, you just can't get it due to all slots being continuously full.

I personaly am a brand new subscriber to home phone and DSL (about three months now) so they ARE available, but in very limited areas, and I guess you could say, I simply lucked out.

Another company (comcast) has the cable franchise, so u-verse will not be here anytime in the forseeable future. A LOT of folks left AT&T for comcast when they had their big digital cable upgrade back in 2011, and the tripple play included phone (technicaly, VOIP, but basicaly, the same thing) so I'm guessing, folks switching over to cable internet freed up lots of dsl ports.

There are lots of folks saying, AT&T is working to get out of the DSL market completely, so totaly cut it out in areas where they can. All I can say is, one of AT&Ts verndors is pushing dsl in this area (no pun intended) like it's going out of business. Pretty good discounts too, at least, for 12 months.

My two cents worth, keep the change.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Netflix movies are  around 3gb just to watch one movie so be careful with how many movies you watch a month!

we have had to quit netflix because we kept exceeding our limit and 10 for every 50gb is a lot to pay every month .
so now we just got uverse whitch i thought had No Cap!
now i find out there is one , not fair but  still more then our last internet service.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Tigereyze209 wrote:

Not sure where you got the figure 250 Gb for dsl, but the correct cap is 150 Gb. and 10 dollars for ever fraction of 50 Gb over that. You can order a limit of 250, but it is sure not what is on the standard account. And based on the number of stories I have read posted to this forum, they DO in fact enforce that data cap.

Some details of AT&T's dsl internet seem a bit vague: Not available at all in areas where u-verse is avalable, If you had dsl, and u-verse is activated in that area, you are changed over wheather ya want u-verse or not. Even in areas where AT&T has the phone monopoly, dsl may be technicaly available, but due to a limit on the number of available ports, and absolutly NO plans of expanding or adding any, you just can't get it due to all slots being continuously full.

I personaly am a brand new subscriber to home phone and DSL (about three months now) so they ARE available, but in very limited areas, and I guess you could say, I simply lucked out.

Another company (comcast) has the cable franchise, so u-verse will not be here anytime in the forseeable future. A LOT of folks left AT&T for comcast when they had their big digital cable upgrade back in 2011, and the tripple play included phone (technicaly, VOIP, but basicaly, the same thing) so I'm guessing, folks switching over to cable internet freed up lots of dsl ports.

There are lots of folks saying, AT&T is working to get out of the DSL market completely, so totaly cut it out in areas where they can. All I can say is, one of AT&Ts verndors is pushing dsl in this area (no pun intended) like it's going out of business. Pretty good discounts too, at least, for 12 months.

My two cents worth, keep the change.

Anything w/the name Uverse goes by the 250 GB cap, not ever enforced.  Regular DSL 150 GB cap is being phased out and will be irrelevant. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

Think the explanation is in error, TV viewing can not be included in the 250G limit as that is NOT using my 12M internet plan and will NOT be counted as data. 

All Uverse  HD/SD comes from the ATT private network, know I'd go over it each 2 weeks w/average 90-110 HD 1/2-4hour long programs. Smiley LOL

Chris

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

9 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Think the explanation is in error, T...

Chris

Which explanation?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Think the explanation is in error, T...

Chris

Which explanation?

Click the link 'site' and view the 250G video.  Or see this support webpage:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409045

Essentially says what the video says. 😉

Chris

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.