Disabling Sub Account

Highlighted
Tutor

Disabling Sub Account

When I disable a sub account, I see it hangs around. When will the sub account be deleted for good from the sub account list. Is there a way for force this?

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 8
Community Support

Re: Disabling Sub Account

Hi @jellicoe,

I apologize about the lack of an ability to completely delete a sub-account. If you do disable it, it will suspend the account, and after a period of time, it will be terminated. Sadly, there is no option to immediately delete the account.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

What is that period of time when the sub account goes away?

Thanks

--
"The only reason to be evasive is when you have something to hide" -
/Richard S Jellicoe/*
Message 3 of 8
Community Support

I have been doing some research, and it appears that after 90 days in a suspended status with no activity, a primary account will be terminated. I would assume the same holds for a sub-account. If you do need the sub-account immediately terminated, let me know, and I will see what I can do to help.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8
Tutor

Thanks for the research on this. I think the 90 days is reasonable and
should serve my purpose.

Again thanks for the help

--
/Richard S Jellicoe/*
Message 5 of 8
ACE - Master

ATTU-verseCare wrote:

I have been doing some research, and it appears that after 90 days in a suspended status with no activity, a primary account will be terminated. I would assume the same holds for a sub-account. If you do need the sub-account immediately terminated, let me know, and I will see what I can do to help.

-David T

It's been a while since I had a U-Verse sub-account but when I last worked with one, it was closer to 6 or 9 months of inactivity before it was deleted.  I recall that I had found that information on the screens somewhere when I was trying to delete the sub-account way back then, but since I have no sub-accounts right now, I can't check to see if I can find it again...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8
Employee

Hi there, if u wanna terminate the sub acct completely, t...

Hi there, if u wanna terminate the sub acct completely, there is an option to do so in the yahoo portal somewhere. I did that a while ago and don't remember but I'll look into it and try to find the acct termination link from yahoo portal . it terminates the acct in 1-2 days. When i did it, the acct was deleted instantly.
Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 8
Tutor

Re: Hi there, if u wanna terminate the sub acct completely, t...

While there may be a url to do this. I went into chat with tech support
and they were able to remove the disabled accounts with little effort

Richard

--
/Richard S Jellicoe/*
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support