Need help with your equipment?
Treyw61's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, February 14th, 2019 3:23 AM

Directv Now with AT&T internet

There were some reports going around in December of this past year that directv Now subscribers with AT&T internet had got their home internet data cap upgraded to unlimited data cap for free. I am subscribers of both, is this still going on?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @Treyw61 & @JefferMC!

The rumors and whispers are true - existing AT&T Internet customers who also subscribe to DIRECTV NOW may begin to receive the unlimited usage plan, at no charge.

We've been quietly rolling this out since September 2018 in batches as just another promotional benefit of having multiple AT&T services. Some things we just like to surprise customers with, so that's why you're not seeing any content out there advertising this Smiley Happy

Essentially a $30 charge for unlimited data will show up on your account, and you'll then see a $30 credit applied to offset the cost.

We're not proactively offering it, but since you asked for it specifically, we should be able to help. Chat in with us, and we can run through your account to make sure you qualify (as there's some additional stipulations like having both accounts registered to the same address as mentioned in the article to qualify).

Let me know if you run into any problems @Treyw61 and I'll be happy to help!

@JefferMC is incredible, and flagged us down behind the scenes using super secret channels (don't tell anyone that you wield this power to summon us @JefferMC  Smiley Happy).  @JefferMC  is definitely the real hero here - thank you!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Treyw61 ,

DIRECTV subscribers: Yes.

DIRECTV NOW subscribers: No.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

it’s false then for directv now?

Cordcuttersnews.com posted they were doing so. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

5 years ago

The policy has applied to DIRECTV for some time.  At the inception of DIRECTV NOW, it did not apply to it and I have seen nothing from DIRECTV NOW saying that they were changing that.  I did find the two CordCuttersNews articles stating what you asked, and that AT&T confirmed it, but I cannot confirm any of that.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/att-is-giving-directv-now-subscribers-unlimited-home-internet/

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/att-confirms-internet-customers-who-have-directv-now-will-be-exempt-from-data-caps/

I'll try to attract some DIRECTV NOW expertise to this thread for comment.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks a lot man. I’m in a directv now user group on Facebook, users have been posting emails they have received from AT&T that their internet data caps have been upgraded to unlimited. I was just hoping it was still going on as directv now uses a lot of my data up.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Awesome thanks for your reply! 

Big thank you to @JefferMC !

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Hey @ATTKevin   I have tried the Chat help dialogues with no avail. The customer service reps do not know know what I am talking about or they keep transferring me between cell phone service when I refer to ‘home internet data cap’. Am I able to get any help on this? Maybe there is a specific phone line I can call?

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

5 years ago

Hey @Treyw61,

Which Chat group did you reach? Were you in the DIRECTV NOW chat, or somewhere else?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I clicked on the chat help dialogue sign, then typed in directv now for the topic, asked about the unlimited data on home internet for directv now users and they have no idea about that. So I was switched over to home internet chat and they don’t know either.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Hey @ATTKevin, I was just on the phone with billing support and after that issue was resolved I asked if the rep knew anything about having unlimited home internet with having directv now. She looked it up and found it and said I do meet the criteria for unlimited home internet data. So she forwarded me to the home internet support where I was told it does not exist and the rep was lying to me. Pretty frustrating as it seems this situation is pretty much under wraps. Does this promotion still exist?  Thanks for you time. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.