Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Connecting to Facebook

Contributor

Connecting to Facebook

No other website problems, just with Facebook i tried accessing facebook on other device  and same 

Message 1 of 145
ACE - Expert

Re: Facebook down?

According to the info in the link above, ATT is aware and is 'working on it'. 

You're located in the Midwest, you have Uverse and you can't access Facebook.  That pretty much sums up the problem.  Not much you can do about it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 31 of 145
Mentor

Another day and still the same problem.This is Day 4.

Message 32 of 145
Teacher

doublen, can you get to their facebook page via phone etc....to state a complaint there (or rant like I did)?

Message 33 of 145
Contributor

I was unable to access Facebook for the past 3 days, but I was able to reset the system and get back on by doing this:

1. right click wifi icon from W8 and select "Open network and sharing center"

2. left click the link next to "connections" 

3. click on the "diagnose" button

After doing this, a problem was identified and fixed on my laptop that immediately gave me access to Facebook again. Don't know if this will help everyone, but worth a try.

Message 34 of 145
Mentor

Sorry, can you explain what W8 is?  I'm happy to try to re-set this.  My next step will be the public complaining on ATT FB page once I go out and find a different connection.

I just tried useless live chat again and they tried to palm me off saying it was a FB issue and giving me a useless FB "we don't handle issues viaa the phone" number.

Message 35 of 145
Mentor

sorry--just figure out it's Windows 8.  Duh.  Trying this now.

Message 36 of 145
Teacher

You can also resetting your router by unplugging for 30 seconds and plugging back in.  Ya never know....

Message 37 of 145
Mentor

Doesn't seem to have helped.  Will try this from my Desktop too.

Message 38 of 145
Mentor

At this point, I'd pour it a cocktail if it would help.

Message 39 of 145
Teacher

LOL!  I hear ya!  It's more than frustrating.  I do business on FB so it was quite annoying.

Message 40 of 145
Mentor

Still nothing--tried the diagnose problems on both desktop and laptop.  But moving forward to ATT FB rant soon.

Message 41 of 145
Teacher

Don't be too nice.  Cat Indifferent

Message 42 of 145

Re: Connecting to Facebook

They lied. I'm in Ilinois, and have spent hours trying to connect.  I'm not that addicted to Facebook, it just annoys me when there is no announcement when so many people are involved.  Is it Facebook?  Is it AT& T?  Who knows.....no one with any authority will tell.  All I know is, I'm more irritated that no one will admit there's something wrong.  Fix It!

Message 43 of 145
Teacher

Can only access Facebook using verizon cell data. Cannot use my att uverse wifi to access Facebook either on my desktop computer or 3 smart devices. Can access other internet items on wifi just not Facebook . If I want to see facebook on my phone have to turn off wifi and then turn on cell data. This is day 4 on Twitter@attcares said Facebook must be down others say it is Facebook Cannot get a decent answer.out of anyone. I get notifications notices on my phone from Facebookvia wi fi but cannot access them through the app. This is getting old and Facebook or att will not admit to anything. I contacted attcares on twitter and they said Facebookmust be down and they would investigate. I am thinking it is more of an att problem I have trouble shooted my uverse internet and no problems. The wifi on my phone does work at Mcdonalds so it is not the phone. I have an iphone, ipad, nexus 7 tablet and a new computer. I have only seen one thing in the media in my search for answers : http://m.kcci.com/news/facebook-down-people-across-midwest-reporting-problems/33650176 Also you you go to www.downdetector.com and look at facebook and att either the facebook or twitter feeds you will see a lot of people are having the same issuing and no seems to help. Does att read this community help section? This is getting old. Somebody needs to man up and admit there is a problem. I don't care whose fault it is just fix it.

Message 44 of 145
ACE - Expert

@Illinoissue wrote:

They lied. I'm in Ilinois, and have spent hours trying to connect.  I'm not that addicted to Facebook, it just annoys me when there is no announcement when so many people are involved.  Is it Facebook?  Is it AT& T?  Who knows.....no one with any authority will tell.  All I know is, I'm more irritated that no one will admit there's something wrong.  Fix It!

From KCCI.com

People across the Midwest are reporting connection errors with Facebook and Facebook Messenger.

The problem is reportedly due to an outage with AT&T who operates a large part of the Internet backbone.

The outage is impacting people in Iowa, Twin Cities, Chicago and beyond.

Tech teams for local cable and network carriers are working with AT&T to try to find the fix.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 45 of 145
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support