Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Connecting to Facebook

Contributor

Connecting to Facebook

No other website problems, just with Facebook i tried accessing facebook on other device  and same 

Message 1 of 145
Mentor

Re: Connecting to Facebook

Up and down four times this afternoon.  It's working now.  Wishing LadyChar the same!

Message 136 of 145
Teacher

It is totally ridiculous that this is still going on for so many.  I think if I hear "It's a Facebook issue" one more time I may throw up.  It's deceitful and downright wrong.  This isn't the first deceitful thing I have encountered with AT&T either.  Disgusting to say the least.

Message 137 of 145
Teacher

AMEN!   fhgold
Message 138 of 145
Mentor

At bare minimum, someone up high at AT&T should be talking with someone up high at FB and get this resolved.  It seems like with the traces and stuff at their disposal, it would be pretty easy to pinpoint and resolve.  I dunno.

Message 139 of 145

This appears to be a DNS server issue.
Here's a copy of what I put over in the Internet forums.

Don't just put in the PRIMARY DNS.  Put in both primary AND secondary.

You can actually mix and match Google and OpenDNS.

You can route around the problem by using OpenDNS' servers or Google's DNS servers.

OpenDNS:

Google DNS:

I was able to put the OpenDNS settings in, and it instantly restored my ability to browse.

As far as I know you can't do this on the DSL "modem" itself (at least I can't on my Motorola MSTATEA device).

However, I have a router behind it.

So I was able to go into the router configuration and edit the DNS settings (before it was just pulling DNS from the modem).

You can override this on your personal machine too.

For Vista/Win7/Win7

Go to the Control Panel (You should be able to open up the File Browser and just type Control Panel in the address bar and hit ENTER)

Click on NETWORK AND INTERNET

Click on NETWORK SHARING CENTER

Make note of which network adapter you're using.

To the far left, there should be a link for CHANGE ADAPTER SETTINGS

Select your network adapter (most people should be some variant on Local Area Connection, though some might have a wifi adapter).

Right-click on it and select PROPERTIES

On the Networking Tab, find "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"

Highlight it and click the Properties button

Check "Use the following DNS Server Addresses"

Input the DNS servers of your choice.

Click OK.

Click OK again.

You may need to disable and re-enable your network interface (right-click, DISABLE, wait a minute or two, right-click, ENABLE).  If that doesn't work, reboot your machine.

That SHOULD do you.

Message 140 of 145
Tutor

I am new to Uverse and am finding out that this is specific to the way UVerse is set up. I live in an apartment and the tech told me this is normal in an apartment community where we all share one main UVerse box. I am switching back to cable. Never had issues with facebook before UVerse. The facebook will load videos only in the very early morning and after midnight. Different than cable.

Tags (1)
Message 141 of 145
Tutor

I am new to UVerse and cannot use facebook during peak hours at all (no videos). Never had this issue with Brighthouse (cable). Switching back to Brighthouse soon.

Message 142 of 145
Tutor

Re: Facebook down?

I am two weeks into using UVerse. The only options the techs are giving me is to switch back to cable (in my case Brighthouse). The only times I can see videos in Facebook are in the very early morning and after midnight. Never had this issue with Brighthouse/cable.

Message 143 of 145
ACE - Expert

@NJAaron7 wrote:

I am two weeks into using UVerse. The only options the techs are giving me is to switch back to cable (in my case Brighthouse). The only times I can see videos in Facebook are in the very early morning and after midnight. Never had this issue with Brighthouse/cable.

U-verse wasn't having this issue until 2 or 3 weeks ago.  I'm not certain where the issue is.  My initial research showed some bad server paths being generated by FB and some dropped packets outside of AT&T's network.  More recent showed some bizare routing on TraceRt to FB CDN nodes. Not sure what's going on, but I'd like to see it solved.

Anyone having the problem is encouraged to click this AT&T logoU-verse Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to report this FB issue. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your name and avatar) in a business day or three.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 144 of 145
ACE - Expert

I just realized I haven't had this issue in several days.  I made a point of looking around tonight and it is indeed better.  Also, I received this from Facebook today, closing my problem report:

We received your report and appreciate your patience as we work to fix
technical problems on Facebook. Though we can't update everyone who submits
a report, we're using your feedback to improve the Facebook experience for
everyone.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 145 of 145
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support