Need help with your equipment?
franciscochan1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 19th, 2015 2:01 AM

Connecting to Facebook

No other website problems, just with Facebook i tried accessing facebook on other device  and same 

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

video   correction above note

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

9 years ago

Mine has worked off & on today, but it's not reliable, it's not working right now.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

9 years ago

Mine is out again too.  Up all evening and morning and now down again.

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

don't tell me that.    Please do not let mine be out.  It was ok when I was home at noon.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

9 years ago

Up and down four times this afternoon.  It's working now.  Wishing LadyChar the same!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

It is totally ridiculous that this is still going on for so many.  I think if I hear "It's a Facebook issue" one more time I may throw up.  It's deceitful and downright wrong.  This isn't the first deceitful thing I have encountered with AT&T either.  Disgusting to say the least.

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

AMEN!   fhgold

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

9 years ago

At bare minimum, someone up high at AT&T should be talking with someone up high at FB and get this resolved.  It seems like with the traces and stuff at their disposal, it would be pretty easy to pinpoint and resolve.  I dunno.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

This appears to be a DNS server issue.
Here's a copy of what I put over in the Internet forums.

Don't just put in the PRIMARY DNS.  Put in both primary AND secondary.

You can actually mix and match Google and OpenDNS.

You can route around the problem by using OpenDNS' servers or Google's DNS servers.

OpenDNS:

Google DNS:

I was able to put the OpenDNS settings in, and it instantly restored my ability to browse.

As far as I know you can't do this on the DSL "modem" itself (at least I can't on my Motorola MSTATEA device).

However, I have a router behind it.

So I was able to go into the router configuration and edit the DNS settings (before it was just pulling DNS from the modem).

You can override this on your personal machine too.

For Vista/Win7/Win7

Go to the Control Panel (You should be able to open up the File Browser and just type Control Panel in the address bar and hit ENTER)

Click on NETWORK AND INTERNET

Click on NETWORK SHARING CENTER

Make note of which network adapter you're using.

To the far left, there should be a link for CHANGE ADAPTER SETTINGS

Select your network adapter (most people should be some variant on Local Area Connection, though some might have a wifi adapter).

Right-click on it and select PROPERTIES

On the Networking Tab, find "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"

Highlight it and click the Properties button

Check "Use the following DNS Server Addresses"

Input the DNS servers of your choice.

Click OK.

Click OK again.

You may need to disable and re-enable your network interface (right-click, DISABLE, wait a minute or two, right-click, ENABLE).  If that doesn't work, reboot your machine.

That SHOULD do you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I am new to Uverse and am finding out that this is specific to the way UVerse is set up. I live in an apartment and the tech told me this is normal in an apartment community where we all share one main UVerse box. I am switching back to cable. Never had issues with facebook before UVerse. The facebook will load videos only in the very early morning and after midnight. Different than cable.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.