For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
franciscochan1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 19th, 2015 2:01 AM

Connecting to Facebook

No other website problems, just with Facebook i tried accessing facebook on other device  and same 

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Don't be too nice.  Cat Indifferent

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

They lied. I'm in Ilinois, and have spent hours trying to connect.  I'm not that addicted to Facebook, it just annoys me when there is no announcement when so many people are involved.  Is it Facebook?  Is it AT& T?  Who knows.....no one with any authority will tell.  All I know is, I'm more irritated that no one will admit there's something wrong.  Fix It!

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

Can only access Facebook using verizon cell data. Cannot use my att uverse wifi to access Facebook either on my desktop computer or 3 smart devices. Can access other internet items on wifi just not Facebook . If I want to see facebook on my phone have to turn off wifi and then turn on cell data. This is day 4 on Twitter@attcares said Facebook must be down others say it is Facebook Cannot get a decent answer.out of anyone. I get notifications notices on my phone from Facebookvia wi fi but cannot access them through the app. This is getting old and Facebook or att will not admit to anything. I contacted attcares on twitter and they said Facebookmust be down and they would investigate. I am thinking it is more of an att problem I have trouble shooted my uverse internet and no problems. The wifi on my phone does work at Mcdonalds so it is not the phone. I have an iphone, ipad, nexus 7 tablet and a new computer. I have only seen one thing in the media in my search for answers : http://m.kcci.com/news/facebook-down-people-across-midwest-reporting-problems/33650176 Also you you go to www.downdetector.com and look at facebook and att either the facebook or twitter feeds you will see a lot of people are having the same issuing and no seems to help. Does att read this community help section? This is getting old. Somebody needs to man up and admit there is a problem. I don't care whose fault it is just fix it.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@Illinoissue wrote:

They lied. I'm in Ilinois, and have spent hours trying to connect.  I'm not that addicted to Facebook, it just annoys me when there is no announcement when so many people are involved.  Is it Facebook?  Is it AT& T?  Who knows.....no one with any authority will tell.  All I know is, I'm more irritated that no one will admit there's something wrong.  Fix It!

From KCCI.com

People across the Midwest are reporting connection errors with Facebook and Facebook Messenger.

The problem is reportedly due to an outage with AT&T who operates a large part of the Internet backbone.

The outage is impacting people in Iowa, Twin Cities, Chicago and beyond.

Tech teams for local cable and network carriers are working with AT&T to try to find the fix.

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

I noticed your post on On June 18, has it been fixed.  Today is Saturday and this is my 4th day no results yet

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

9 years ago

No, I'm at a local coffee shop using their WIFI and complaining.  My next stop is the ATT store.  I've just complained on their FB page and will continue to do so for the next half hour.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@doublen wrote:

No, I'm at a local coffee shop using their WIFI and complaining.  My next stop is the ATT store.  I've just complained on their FB page and will continue to do so for the next half hour.

I'll be curious what the ATT retail store will have to say or if they've even had others complain.  I'm sure everyone involved is working to get this fixed.  Letting them know how unhappy you are won't help it can't hurt.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

9 years ago

I just got a "this is FB's problem" response to my FB comment on the ATT page.    Maybe it is, but train your reps, for heaven's sake. 

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

Just finished chatting with carlos at the att website:  here is the major part of conversation, <>Carlos:"agentMsg">The issue is not only with AT&T network, it is with most of the broadband service, the issue is with the facebook end and they are already aware of it, they are working on it. "customerMsg">I wish someone would make a formal announcement so people would know what is going on. "agentId">Carlos:"agentMsg">I can understand your concern, however since the issue with facebook end, you will have to expect the announcement from their end.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@doublen wrote:

We had a power outage awhile back that lasted for about 6 hours.  I took my tablet, phone & their chargers to McDonalds.  There was a booth with an electrical outlet.  I plugged in, got on their ATT wifi and stayed there the better part of the day. 

Note: They don't care how long you sit there as long as you have their food or drink in front of you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.