Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Facebook down?

Contributor

Connecting to Facebook

No other website problems, just with Facebook i tried accessing facebook on other device  and same 

Message 1 of 145
ACE - Expert

According to a post on AT&T's Facebook page:

...there is a facebook issue affecting multiple people with different internet service providers and and not an AT&T U-verse related specific issue.

See also:

https://downdetector.com/status/facebook

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 145
Teacher

That was the canned answer they gave me.  If I can get FB via wifi then shouldn't it be a U-verse issue?  Can get facebook everywhere except on my PC.

Message 17 of 145
ACE - Expert

You're saying that you're getting Facebook on the Wi Fi signal in your home but can't get on a PC connected to the same device giving your the Wi Fi signal?

Are you running a Facebook App on your Wi Fi connected devices?  The mobile site?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 145
ACE - Professor

Facebook works fine for me via my U-Verse connection.

If other sites work fine via same device and same connection, I'd uninstall and reinstall the FB app via the phone's app manager and not via Apple Store or Google Play. Perhaps something got corrupted in the app.

Maybe clear FB cookies and related cache if on computer?

Message 19 of 145
Teacher

Yes, I am getting facebook fine on my laptop and phone via wifi in my home.  Nothing on the PC.  At&t says it's facebook and vise versa.
Message 20 of 145
Teacher

Yes, I am getting facebook fine on my laptop and phone via wifi in my home.  Nothing on the PC.  At&t says it's facebook and vise versa.

Message 21 of 145
Mentor

And the U-verse rep was supposed to return my call, two hours ago, but has not.

FB works on my work computer and in public spaces via their wifi, but not on my home wifi. 

This will be my fourth contact with them about this issue.

Message 22 of 145
Mentor

now u-verse says it's fb.  I've never had an issue with FB before but I seem to have a u-verse issue at least once a month. 

Message 23 of 145
Teacher

I went to the AT&T Facebook page and complained.  Funny how 2 hours later.....everything is working.  Coincidence?  Maybe....maybe not. 

Message 24 of 145
Mentor

Yours is working?  I'm now on my 5th chat and second call with them and  still nothing works.  I'd compalin on FB if I could get it to load!

Message 25 of 145
Highlighted
Teacher

Yes, it's working now.  I had to get to facebook via my phone.  Calling AT&T is useless.  If you actually get anyone that speaks in a language you can understand they pass you through more and more peoiple.  Last time I called I went through 4.  Finally just went to the store.  Got help right away then.  This time it seems a rant on their page has done the trick.

Message 26 of 145
Contributor

Re: Connecting to Facebook

i got the same problem in wisconsin and att dont know how to fix it

Message 27 of 145
Teacher

Re: Connecting to Facebook

I'm in Wisconsin also.

Message 28 of 145
ACE - Expert

@doublen wrote:

Yours is working?  I'm now on my 5th chat and second call with them and  still nothing works.  I'd compalin on FB if I could get it to load!

It IS an odd situation. 

Some UVerse subscribers have had no issues with Facebook (myself and others) and others haven't been able to log on for 3 days.  And I don't think it's limited to Uverse either.

Edit to correct: It is a Uverse thing but limited to the midwest.  Link on this  thread

Message 29 of 145
Mentor

I guess I'm still not sure what to do. Will they fix it themselves or do I need to alert ATT via FB--although I already have via chat and phone.  And thanks skeeter for finding more out about this situation.  If it was just FB chat, it wouldn't matter so much, but I have things for sale, anad contacts with relatives that can't be accessed another way.

Message 30 of 145
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support