Need help with your equipment?
franciscochan1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 19th, 2015 2:01 AM

Connecting to Facebook

No other website problems, just with Facebook i tried accessing facebook on other device  and same 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@hpmsrm wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@hpmsrm wrote:

Well I'm having same problem with Facebook.  It will not boot up.  Just keeps trying to connect but finally times out.   Everything else seems to be OK.  So something must have gone belly up in the Facebook system......perhaps hackers?

Phil

How can you say there's something wrong with FB when I just "liked" a post my SIL posted 2 minutes ago?

Edit:  AND I just posted a pic on his page*.  So I can't see that FB itself has issues...at least not at my house. 

*He's got quite the discussion going about a neighbor who sweeps his lawn with a broom.

Gee....I don't know, Skeeter.  Guess I jumped to the conclusion because FB is the only thing that I cannot connect with....beginning yesterday evening...it was probably a problem on their end.  Once in a while it seems to connect but I see no posts newer than 8 hours ago.  And when I try to post....it won't accept it....won't do anything, in fact.  Just sits there and stares back at me.   Fortunately I have plenty to keep me busy.

Well.....I've raked my lawn....mowed it....killed it.....and about every other thing one might think of.....both good and bad.  BUT I guess I have never tried sweeping it with a broom.  That would make a good photo opportunity.Smiley Wink

Phil

To get off track just a bit @hpmsrm, my son-in-law has lawn envy for a certain yard in his neighborhood.  When he saw the guy sweeping his grass, he became somewhat obsessed with the man's regime.  He covertly takes photos and posts them to FB. 

It's pretty funny.

grass_sweeper.jpg 

Note how much greener his yard is than the other yards.  He must know what he's doing!

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

I had an issue with photos loading on Facebook, but the core Facebook functionality otherwise continued to work.  I thought it might be a problem with some Facebok servers at the time, but it could have been a routing/peering problem.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

9 years ago

Faccebook still refuses to load for me, and I've just spent a very unsatisfying 30 minutes on chat with u-verse help.  THEN they decide to check with the managers after putting me through yet another diagnostic.  This has been out for THREE days and their service reps don't know?

Can they not keep a log of my requests for help for the past three days and instead compel me to go through the whole thing all over again?

Really? 

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Have had the same issue for 3 days.  Everything fine except Facebook.  I can connect via wifi (laptop and phone) but not PC.  More annoying than anything else.  At least now I know it isn't just me. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

According to a post on AT&T's Facebook page:

...there is a facebook issue affecting multiple people with different internet service providers and and not an AT&T U-verse related specific issue.

See also:

https://downdetector.com/status/facebook

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

That was the canned answer they gave me.  If I can get FB via wifi then shouldn't it be a U-verse issue?  Can get facebook everywhere except on my PC.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

You're saying that you're getting Facebook on the Wi Fi signal in your home but can't get on a PC connected to the same device giving your the Wi Fi signal?

Are you running a Facebook App on your Wi Fi connected devices?  The mobile site?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

9 years ago

Facebook works fine for me via my U-Verse connection.

If other sites work fine via same device and same connection, I'd uninstall and reinstall the FB app via the phone's app manager and not via Apple Store or Google Play. Perhaps something got corrupted in the app.

Maybe clear FB cookies and related cache if on computer?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I am getting facebook fine on my laptop and phone via wifi in my home.  Nothing on the PC.  At&t says it's facebook and vise versa.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I am getting facebook fine on my laptop and phone via wifi in my home.  Nothing on the PC.  At&t says it's facebook and vise versa.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.