Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Connecting to Facebook

Contributor

Connecting to Facebook

No other website problems, just with Facebook i tried accessing facebook on other device  and same 

5,782 Views
Message 1 of 145

Re: Connecting to Facebook

If you ever wondered about a day without social media, this could be your opportunity! Take the challenge...you can do it!

Message 2 of 145

Re: Connecting to Facebook

We are having the same trouble. We can stream videos like crazy but only one device at a time can download pictures on Facebook. I bet even though they just got fined $100 million that them sorry SOBs are throttling Facebook because they would give AT&T money. AT&T is one of the most unethical wortless corporations on earth yet sadly with a near monopoly in many rural c ommunities you have no choice but to be screwed with there crap service or do without.

Message 3 of 145
ACE - Expert

Re: Connecting to Facebook

I haven't had any issues with Facebook on the laptop, the tablet or the smartphone and I've used the app & browser. 

 

If there's a problem, it's isolated.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 145

Re: Connecting to Facebook

It's screwed up here and not just at my house, at my wife's work, mother in law's and all friends in the area with Uverse internet.

Message 5 of 145
Highlighted
Master

Re: Connecting to Facebook

Well I'm having same problem with Facebook.  It will not boot up.  Just keeps trying to connect but finally times out.   Everything else seems to be OK.  So something must have gone belly up in the Facebook system......perhaps hackers?

 

Phil

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other peoples' money.
.......Margaret Thatcher
Message 6 of 145
ACE - Expert

Re: Connecting to Facebook


@hpmsrm wrote:

Well I'm having same problem with Facebook.  It will not boot up.  Just keeps trying to connect but finally times out.   Everything else seems to be OK.  So something must have gone belly up in the Facebook system......perhaps hackers?

 

Phil


How can you say there's something wrong with FB when I just "liked" a post my SIL posted 2 minutes ago?

 

Edit:  AND I just posted a pic on his page*.  So I can't see that FB itself has issues...at least not at my house. 

 

*He's got quite the discussion going about a neighbor who sweeps his lawn with a broom.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 145
Tutor

Re: Connecting to Facebook

Have the same problem here. Also can't connect to youtube.

Message 8 of 145
Mentor

Re: Connecting to Facebook

I chatted with the help folks earlier today who told me it was a nationwide issue with uverse and other ISPs having trouble with FB's DSN.  That was about 1pm CDT and they said it would be at least another 8-12 hours.  It's driving me crazy.

Message 9 of 145
Master

Re: Connecting to Facebook


@skeeterintexas wrote:

@hpmsrm wrote:

Well I'm having same problem with Facebook.  It will not boot up.  Just keeps trying to connect but finally times out.   Everything else seems to be OK.  So something must have gone belly up in the Facebook system......perhaps hackers?

 

Phil


How can you say there's something wrong with FB when I just "liked" a post my SIL posted 2 minutes ago?

 

Edit:  AND I just posted a pic on his page*.  So I can't see that FB itself has issues...at least not at my house. 

 

*He's got quite the discussion going about a neighbor who sweeps his lawn with a broom.


Gee....I don't know, Skeeter.  Guess I jumped to the conclusion because FB is the only thing that I cannot connect with....beginning yesterday evening...it was probably a problem on their end.  Once in a while it seems to connect but I see no posts newer than 8 hours ago.  And when I try to post....it won't accept it....won't do anything, in fact.  Just sits there and stares back at me.   Fortunately I have plenty to keep me busy.

 

Well.....I've raked my lawn....mowed it....killed it.....and about every other thing one might think of.....both good and bad.  BUT I guess I have never tried sweeping it with a broom.  That would make a good photo opportunity.Smiley Wink

 

Phil

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other peoples' money.
.......Margaret Thatcher
Message 10 of 145
Contributor

Facebook down?

It has been 3 days since we  have connected. Just times out. Does anyone know a workaround?

Message 11 of 145
ACE - Expert

Re: Connecting to Facebook


@hpmsrm wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@hpmsrm wrote:

Well I'm having same problem with Facebook.  It will not boot up.  Just keeps trying to connect but finally times out.   Everything else seems to be OK.  So something must have gone belly up in the Facebook system......perhaps hackers?

 

Phil


How can you say there's something wrong with FB when I just "liked" a post my SIL posted 2 minutes ago?

 

Edit:  AND I just posted a pic on his page*.  So I can't see that FB itself has issues...at least not at my house. 

 

*He's got quite the discussion going about a neighbor who sweeps his lawn with a broom.


Gee....I don't know, Skeeter.  Guess I jumped to the conclusion because FB is the only thing that I cannot connect with....beginning yesterday evening...it was probably a problem on their end.  Once in a while it seems to connect but I see no posts newer than 8 hours ago.  And when I try to post....it won't accept it....won't do anything, in fact.  Just sits there and stares back at me.   Fortunately I have plenty to keep me busy.

 

Well.....I've raked my lawn....mowed it....killed it.....and about every other thing one might think of.....both good and bad.  BUT I guess I have never tried sweeping it with a broom.  That would make a good photo opportunity.Smiley Wink

 

Phil


To get off track just a bit @hpmsrm, my son-in-law has lawn envy for a certain yard in his neighborhood.  When he saw the guy sweeping his grass, he became somewhat obsessed with the man's regime.  He covertly takes photos and posts them to FB. 

 

It's pretty funny.

grass_sweeper.jpg 

 

Note how much greener his yard is than the other yards.  He must know what he's doing!

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 145
ACE - Expert

Re: Facebook down?

I had an issue with photos loading on Facebook, but the core Facebook functionality otherwise continued to work.  I thought it might be a problem with some Facebok servers at the time, but it could have been a routing/peering problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 145
Mentor

Re: Facebook down?

Faccebook still refuses to load for me, and I've just spent a very unsatisfying 30 minutes on chat with u-verse help.  THEN they decide to check with the managers after putting me through yet another diagnostic.  This has been out for THREE days and their service reps don't know?

 

Can they not keep a log of my requests for help for the past three days and instead compel me to go through the whole thing all over again?

 

Really? 

Message 14 of 145
Teacher

Re: Facebook down?

Have had the same issue for 3 days.  Everything fine except Facebook.  I can connect via wifi (laptop and phone) but not PC.  More annoying than anything else.  At least now I know it isn't just me. 

Message 15 of 145
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support