For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Semore_jones's profile

Voyager

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 2:58 AM

Connecting my router in place of the ATT all in one.

Ok, I've read a few posts regarding the replacement of AT&T routers, and I think I'm confused.

So, I switched to AT&T for internet, and the range that is being provided by the 2Wire device is crap..But, I do have a 1750 AC Router from NetGear that I would like to connect.

I am not a novice to the computer workings, but from some of the posts I have read on this subject it seems that I maybe lacking in the understanding of turning off the wireless settings in the AT&T device.  I would think that all I would have to do was merely disable the wireless setting within the AT&T  device and connect my device...But...it doesn't look that simple.

Can someone explain to me how to go about this properly (in layman's terms).  Meaning, I can understand plain English, but not all of these techno terms. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

11 years ago

The best way to configure your home network depends on what capabilities you need, which is why you see so many different messages in the forums about it.

It sounds like you just want to get better wireless coverage.  As such, I'd suggest that you see post 13 in this thread for a step by step process for configuration.  It will set up your wireless router effectively as an access point.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.