Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Changing SSID/Network Key

Mentor

Changing SSID/Network Key

Kinda new here.  I would have thought someone asked this question before.  Probably have, but I couldn't find it. 

Anyway... How do I change my network name and passkey?  Having 2wire999 as my network name when my neighbors have 2wire888, 2wire777, 2wire555, etc., is confusing enough.  Additionally, I'd like to set up my own passwords as well.

Message 1 of 33
Contributor

Re: Changing SSID/Network Key

I have a 2Wire i38HG RG. There are SSID and Wireless Network Key on the sticker.

I am not able to use the network key as the password to login to http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_0_1 page to change any setting.

Under that page, I can see the "Settings - System Info - Status - System Password" is set to Default Password. But I am still not able to login to the unit.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Message 31 of 33
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare
‎01-18-2016 9:18 AM

Have 2Wire/Pace, go here.

To change your Wi-Fi Password or Network Name (SSID) on NVG follow these steps:

How to Change your Wi-Fi Password on NVG uverse logo change.jpg

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

When setting up a new Wi-Fi password, don't use your name, address, birth date or other things that make it easy for someone to identify you.

Once you have successfully changed your Wi-Fi password (Key), you'll need to reconnect all your Wi-Fi devices using the new password information.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 32 of 33
Contributor

Trying to connect a camera but it is asking for me to make sure my 2.4GHz Wifi name (SSID) is different form my 5GHz one. How can i do this.

Message 33 of 33
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support