Need help with your equipment?
streittk's profile

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

Friday, December 17th, 2010 3:58 PM

Changing SSID/Network Key

Kinda new here.  I would have thought someone asked this question before.  Probably have, but I couldn't find it. 

Anyway... How do I change my network name and passkey?  Having 2wire999 as my network name when my neighbors have 2wire888, 2wire777, 2wire555, etc., is confusing enough.  Additionally, I'd like to set up my own passwords as well.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

You can change your Network Name and Wireless Key on the following page:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

If you also want to change the Password used to log into the RG, you can change it using the following page:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_0_1

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

You can log into your router using http://192.168.1.254.

The default password for the router is on a white sticker on the side or bottom of the unit.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Have 2Wire/Pace, go here.

To change your Wi-Fi Password or Network Name (SSID) on NVG follow these steps:

How to Change your Wi-Fi Password on NVG uverse logo change.jpg

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

When setting up a new Wi-Fi password, don't use your name, address, birth date or other things that make it easy for someone to identify you.

Once you have successfully changed your Wi-Fi password (Key), you'll need to reconnect all your Wi-Fi devices using the new password information.

5 Attachments

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

Awesome, thanks!

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks.  You guys are great!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

@streittk wrote:

Kinda new here.  I would have thought someone asked this question before.  Probably have, but I couldn't find it. 

Anyway... How do I change my network name and passkey?  Having 2wire999 as my network name when my neighbors have 2wire888, 2wire777, 2wire555, etc., is confusing enough.  Additionally, I'd like to set up my own passwords as well.

I have just purchased an LG-LE5500 that is internet capable but I need to know the network security key to unlock my wireless router.  I tried the method described here, but it did not recognize the password from the back of the box.  The password is 16 characters long separated by dashes after every four letters(password is all alpha), but the form for the password only accepts 15 characters.  Help, please...Thanks       Tom

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Is your U-verse RG the 3800HGV-B?  The password printed on the label on the side of that RG should be a 10 digit number.  There should be no dashes or alpha characters in the password. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

No.  It is a PlugLink ethernet adopter by Asoka.  It also has a MAC Address number.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

If you want to connect wirelessly using your existing wireless key, it is printed on the label on the side of your U-verse RG.  The wireless key is not written on the pluglink adapter.

If you want to change your password, network name or wireless key, you need to log into the U-verse RG and use the password information printed on the label on the side of the RG.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks, but did you see my previous postings.  Not sure what RG means.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.