Need help with your equipment?
streittk's profile

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

Friday, December 17th, 2010 3:58 PM

Changing SSID/Network Key

Kinda new here.  I would have thought someone asked this question before.  Probably have, but I couldn't find it. 

Anyway... How do I change my network name and passkey?  Having 2wire999 as my network name when my neighbors have 2wire888, 2wire777, 2wire555, etc., is confusing enough.  Additionally, I'd like to set up my own passwords as well.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

RG = Residential Gateway.  It is the 2Wires router/modem that was installed by U-verse.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

The one I have wired from my main computer to electrical outlet is named PlugLink that was installed by Uverse.  That seems to be the problem I am having.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

In addition to the pluglink adapter, you will also have a 2Wires router/modem (i.e. the RG) installed in another location in your home.

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

Tom, The device you are describing is not your router gateway.  It's an adapter that connects to another PlugLink through your house's electrical.  I'm a bit new at this, but one of these PlugLink devices should be connect to the to the router.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

I went through this with a Uverse rep last night for over an hour and there is no other device in my home.  My ethernet in Intel Pro 100/VE. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

Okay....I found my 2Wire.  It is connected to my tv but there is not password on the side, only a bar code.  Now what should I do?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

There is an RG in your home; otherwise, you could not have a pluglink adapter. There is another pluglink adapter connected to the RG and plugged into another electric outlet in another location in your home.  This is the only way a pluglink adapter can work.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

tombea66 wrote:

Okay....I found my 2Wire.  It is connected to my tv but there is not password on the side, only a bar code.  Now what should I do?

Is it the 3800HGV-B?  Next to the bar code label, there should be another label with the password and wireless key.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

The only name on the box is 2Wire.  Model number mtysw1202200DOS.  Only a bar code label on the side.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Call U-verse Technical Support.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.