Need help with your equipment?
TomP_1's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, January 17th, 2011 4:22 PM

Can't get into router!

I can't get into my router using IP 192.168.1.254, it just won't connect. I can't even ping it. I have tried to upluging it, reset button. Does anyone know how I can get into it? I should have said my U-Verse router.

Thanks.

TomP

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

Try typing "home" (without the quotation marks) in your web browser.  That should take you to the main page of the 2 Wire.  Of course you must be at home on your network for this to work.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

No problem here. Were you able to get into it before, maybe there is some kind of security setting blocking access?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

BeeBeeSA:

Thanks that did it. I guess when I was working on it last night I must have hit the button to change the ip to the "10" IP's.

Again thanks for the help!!!

TomP

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

Your Welcome!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have tried that, and nothing works. I have tried it from my ipad2, which is where I normally access the router login page from as well as my laptop ( connected by LAN cable ), but neither works. I set up the MAC ACL feature, and everything on that list accesses wifi fine. I just can't get my laptop's wifi on the ACL because I can't get into the router anymore. the gateway address is set to 100:20:30:40 255:000:000:000, and the address pool starts at 100:20:30:50.

Every time I try to type the router's address into a browser, the browser automatically sends it to Google. Even tho I do type the address in the address field! not the search field.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.