Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jan 17, 2011
8:22:16 AM
View profile
Can't get into router!
Edited by TomP_1 on Jan 17, 2011 at 8:23:13 AM

I can't get into my router using IP 192.168.1.254, it just won't connect. I can't even ping it. I have tried to upluging it, reset button. Does anyone know how I can get into it? I should have said my U-Verse router.

Thanks.

TomP

I can't get into my router using IP 192.168.1.254, it just won't connect. I can't even ping it. I have tried to upluging it, reset button. Does anyone know how I can get into it? I should have said my U-Verse router.

Thanks.

TomP

Accepted Solution

Can't get into router!

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 8:40:10 AM
(0)
Professor

No problem here. Were you able to get into it before, maybe there is some kind of security setting blocking access?

No problem here. Were you able to get into it before, maybe there is some kind of security setting blocking access?

Re: Can't get into router!

2 of 6 (10,640 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2011 8:47:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Try typing "home" (without the quotation marks) in your web browser.  That should take you to the main page of the 2 Wire.  Of course you must be at home on your network for this to work.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Try typing "home" (without the quotation marks) in your web browser.  That should take you to the main page of the 2 Wire.  Of course you must be at home on your network for this to work.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (10,633 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 9:11:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

BeeBeeSA:

Thanks that did it. I guess when I was working on it last night I must have hit the button to change the ip to the "10" IP's.

Again thanks for the help!!!

TomP

BeeBeeSA:

Thanks that did it. I guess when I was working on it last night I must have hit the button to change the ip to the "10" IP's.

Again thanks for the help!!!

TomP

4 of 6 (10,617 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 9:13:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Your Welcome!!

Your Welcome!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (10,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 4:09:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have tried that, and nothing works. I have tried it from my ipad2, which is where I normally access the router login page from as well as my laptop ( connected by LAN cable ), but neither works. I set up the MAC ACL feature, and everything on that list accesses wifi fine. I just can't get my laptop's wifi on the ACL because I can't get into the router anymore. the gateway address is set to 100:20:30:40 255:000:000:000, and the address pool starts at 100:20:30:50.

Every time I try to type the router's address into a browser, the browser automatically sends it to Google. Even tho I do type the address in the address field! not the search field.

I have tried that, and nothing works. I have tried it from my ipad2, which is where I normally access the router login page from as well as my laptop ( connected by LAN cable ), but neither works. I set up the MAC ACL feature, and everything on that list accesses wifi fine. I just can't get my laptop's wifi on the ACL because I can't get into the router anymore. the gateway address is set to 100:20:30:40 255:000:000:000, and the address pool starts at 100:20:30:50.

Every time I try to type the router's address into a browser, the browser automatically sends it to Google. Even tho I do type the address in the address field! not the search field.

6 of 6 (5,398 Views)