Need help with your equipment?
BandHog's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, July 31st, 2011 7:12 PM

Bandwith Limit meter?

Where can I view to see how much bandwith I have used? I know we get 250 gig but I also do backups and work in the music business where I download large music files to master recordings. I just cant find where I can see how much I have used?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

So I just spoke with an AT&T rep today over the phone concerning the UVerse cap, she confirmed that it is indeed capped at 250GB per month, and $10 for each 50GB Of overage. 

This may have changed from the time that this was posted, however it is now in effect for all ATT UVerse subscribers.

Better then the 150GB limit on DSL I guess, still its easier to go over with UVerse cause you can actually download large files (instead of having your DL interrupted when the ATT DSL resets itself cause it can't handle high-intensity data downloads)

O well $10 for each 50GB of overage is pretty good, I dont think I'll go over the 250 that much to begin with, not in a normal month anyways

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Data caps are currently not being enforced.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for letting me know. So to clarify, although they are in place, the limits are not currently being enforced. That is what I got out of this thread. According to the phone rep I spoke to, she made it sound like I would get charged for going over at this time, so good to know that I will not yet see any charges for going over the 250GB limit that is supposedly "in place" at this time. I will continue to monitor my bills to see if any charges come up that are not part of my plan, and will be posting back here with the results once my invoice comes in.

Thank you for your input! 😃

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

A bandwidth cap for U-verse internet were added to the Terms of Service (TOS) Agreement in May 2011; however, it is currently not being enforced.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@jimgfitzgerald wrote:

I don't know, but they can.  It's not something you need to worry about.

That sounds like an AT&T answer, JimSmiley Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them.

Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

A bandwidth cap for U-verse internet were added to the Terms of Service (TOS) Agreement in May 2011; however, it is currently not being enforced.

Any idea if (and when) it is coming?

The first thing I asked the sales rep was : "are there bandwidth caps in place?" and the answer was a resounding 'no' (that was back in February). I was kind of unhappy to hear just a couple of months later that this was going to change. 

So for now we are on borrowed time, but as soon as they turn on metering I imagine many people will jump ship (including myself ... curse the one-year contract. )

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

No, no word as to if are when a internet bandwidth cap might be enforced.

Also, the sales rep was correct, there is no U-verse internet bandwidth cap in place.

Guru

• 

650 Messages

12 years ago

I hate using references to my previous experiences with Comcast (it seems to irritate a few individuals on these forums for some reason), but before their 250GB cap was actively enforced, they DID warn the high users at least 2 or 3 times before a full disconnection in a written letter. Once they did come clean and say, "Yes, we're going to cap", they didn't start truly enforcing it until the meter was in place, so it was a matter of months from announcement to actual implementation.

They are right in that only about 3-5% of customers are ones who will go over. The most use I had in one especially heavy month was about 30% of the 250GB, and I didn't have torrents or Netflix running for hours on end.

Most "regular" users get paranoid about going over the 250GB cap, when they're not going to be affected unless they drastically change their internet use habits.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.