For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Jodeh43's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 6th, 2015 4:35 PM

Att uverse and macbook problems

I Dont know what is going on, we Jutes moved an have att uverse, we had att internet at our old house with the 2wire router it worked great.

now we have the nvg589 motorola router/modem.

we have 2 dell laptops and a hp desktop, a ps4 a few iphones and iPads connected to the router. All the devices are working great and surfing the web.

the problems lies with my personal work/school MacBook Air. I can connect to the router fine with a full signal strength. I can go on yahoo, youtube and facebook no problem and i can even search for any website using yahoo search engine.

WHen i click and load up a web page it loads for ever and eventually says server not found

IVe ve tried changing my dsn, and even hardwiring the Ethernet into my macbook. Still the same problem.

i Called att and they said make sure the ipv6 is enabled and that it isn't enabled by default and that is most likely the problem. they said if that doesn't resolve it to contact apple for help configuring it. Well the ipv6 was indeed enabled already so at this point im clueless on what to do. Changing the ips isn't an option.

please help me im thinking something isn't configured correctly. I've read that the att uver new router nvg589 isn't 100% compatible with iOS . I dont know how true that is but it seems like it at this point.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

same

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Very interesting. I'm having the exact problem as @ghoffman. 2016 Macbook Pro has a very poor connection in most of the house when connected to AT&T Uverse router via Wifi. I can site 4 feet away from the router and the connection is still extremely slow most days. I have an older Macbook Air and when I run wifi tests with both at the same location, the Air has no issues. I took the Pro to Apple and they said there were no issues with the Macbook Pro. I discovered that the Macbook seems to have trouble connecting to the AT&T router on the 5Ghz band but works fine on 2.4Ghz. There is no way to force the Mac to 2.4 and if I turn off the 5Ghz band, I can't use the Wifi Extender that helps other devices in remote parts of the house. The Pro works fine connecting to 5Ghz networks elsewhere which tells me that there is something with the AT&T hardware/software. AT&T has already replaced the router once and a tech came out to test the signal around the house and recommended getting a different brand router. A wired connection works fine. I can get 1.1Gbps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.