Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Are the new DirecTV/UVerse packages unlimited data+

Highlighted

Are the new DirecTV/UVerse packages unlimited data+

Got a mailer for Directv with Uverse for $89.99. Is Uverse wireless and how's it work?

Right now we're on the ATT 40 gb plan and we tether but we also have Directv
Message 1 of 6
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎08-15-2016 6:29 AM

Re: Are the new DirecTV/UVerse packages unlimited data+

Uverse internet is generally (95+%) phone wiring from outside plant to a box at residence then house wiring (ideally cat5e) to a gateway. The gateway is both a router and wireless access. Has (4) Ethernet ports for wireless and provides a wireless signal. Normally has a gateway fee of $7 per month in addition to promotional price.

The gateway received can vary based upon internet package subscribed to.

If have Uverse TV or DirecTv bundled to your Uverse account have a waived $30 unlimited internet. If cancel TV service then have a limited internet cap that can purchase unlimited package for extra $30 a month above price of internet package.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Mentor

Thanks

Does ATT have anything to do with Frontier?

I thought Frontier was the only internet access in my area.

Not srue if you have knowledge of but how realiable, fast, is U-Verse compared to tethering speeds off ATT network?

Right now we are very happy but still would like the peace of mind of having more than 40 GB of data per month so we might get into netflix streaming.

Message 3 of 6

My situation as well

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

If you are served by Frontier, then you most likely cannot have AT&T U-verse.  AT&T sold off its U-verse business to Frontier in Connecticut.  You didn't identify your state in your profile.  AFAIK, there are no Frontier "U-verse" bundles.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6

The ATT site shows service in my area when I go through the steps......

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support