Need help with your equipment?
nvalle206's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 27th, 2014 3:14 PM

AnyConnect Port Conflict

I have AT&T Uverse for internet and cable.  I use Cisco AnyConnect to access my VPN for work but although the VPN says it's connected, the speeds are extremely slow (i.e., 0.5M/s).  I am able to use the computer and connect through the VPN at other locations like Starbucks without a problem but at home it will not work.  I've tried setting the computer to DMZplus mode and disabling various parts of the firewall without any luck.  We tried calling tech support but L1 didn't understand any of the concepts and the pay-for-service support doesn't support VPN issues.

I've reviewed a lot of the forums and it looks like AnyConnect uses port 443 but this port is automatically assigned by AT&T for the WAP used for the wireless cable box.  We setup the wireless cable box a few months ago but we disconnected it and it is no longer attached to the network.  Is there anyway to unblock/free up this port or otherwise resolve the issue?

If I am unable to get this resolved, I am going to have to switch providers since my job requires me to work from home and that is not possible right now.

Thanks

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @nvalle206,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your VPN connection, but I will be glad to help. Since it was able to connect, I do not think there is a port issue anymore, but to be safe, you may want to reset the router.

I have actually encountered issues in the past where certain sites/VPN connections were suffering from a slow speed. Here is a helpful article that may help out. One thing that seems to help is to follow how to disable the ECN capability, as it seems to help out a lot.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Just wondering if there is any fix for this having the same issue with AnyConnect. Extremely slow when connected.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Did you ever get resolution on this...???

I am suddenly having this issue, as of 4 weeks ago. And of course neither AT&T or my company can figure it out - so it has been more than frustrating. 

But in reading the forums, and doing google searches - I can see I am not alone. 

Please comment back if you were ever to find resolution, and what it was, or if it fixed itself. 

Thanks!

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

8 years ago

I just started having this issue. Did you get a fix?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I contacted support via chat and they tweeked my settings real quick. Getting nearly full throughput speeds. Resolved 🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Can you specify who tweeked your settings?  AT&T on the router or your company?

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T on my router

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

I'm glad you were able to get resolution!!

After weeks of going Back and forth, and even having 3-way calls (me, ATT, & my work VPN guys) they could not figure it out. It was clearly AT&T's issue, but they couldn't pinpoint. So I ultimately ended up having to go back to Comcast! (And have had no issues since). 

I was VERY disappointed in the lack of technical support. It seemed like nobody TRULY knew what they were doing, and didn't seem to have a "lead" or higher technical person to go to for other ideas. And in the end it just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. It just felt like "oh well. We can't figure out her problem. On to the next." Nobody cared that I had to leave their service because of it. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having similar issue when connecting to oneconnect vpn , my tech guys say it att and att says its the vpn

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

VPNs that you use on your browser/browser extensions might work better.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.